10 Money Saving Tips for Back to School Shopping
August 11, 2012Posted by pamela |
The start of the school year is just around the corner, so it’s the time to start shopping for those back-to-school clothes, backpacks, lunchboxes, and all the supplies needed for school itself.
The costs of all those clothes and other necessities add up, of course. Seeing how much you actually spent on back-to-school stuff can often come as shock. Fortunately, there are ways to cut down on the expenses of back-to-school. Here are a few tips to get the things your kids need while not breaking the bank:
- Make a list of the items your kids need and prioritize them by importance.
- Once you make your list, stick to it when you go shopping. All those little things you put in your cart can really add up.
- Check your home school supplies inventory before you set out on a back-to-school shopping trip. You never know what you’ll find that you can check off your list.
- Set a back-to-school budget and stick to it.
- Seek out those end-of-summer sales and stock up if you can.
- Research clothing, backpacks, and other items online first to compare prices and find the best deals.
- Visit your local consignment stores, especially those that specialize in kids’ clothes like Marin Kids Consignment in San Rafael. You’ll be amazed at some of the deals you can find there on gently used and like-new items.
- Go shopping without the kids. It’s much easier to concentrate and find what you need without the distraction of having your kids along while you’re shopping.
- Shop early and often! Give yourself plenty of time to find everything you need at the right price. Shopping at the last minute can lead to desperation. Look for online coupons for children’s retailers like Old Navy, Gap Kids, Gymboree, and the Children’s Place. Stores like these always seem to have great coupons available. Sign up for their email lists to get special deals and discounts in your in-box, too.
- Look for online coupons for children’s retailers like Old Navy, Gap Kids, Gymboree, and The Children’s Place. Stores like these always seem to have great coupons and discounts floating around out there, so take advantage of the savings.