Easy Craft Project: Adorable Egg Carton Lady Bugs
April 1, 2014Posted by pamela |
Get a jump on the spring season with this ladybug craft made from a recycled egg carton. These ladybugs are adorable, easy to make, and of course environmentally friendly. Use colorful paints to brighten and make these cool ladybugs standout. My daughter loves to make this craft with our old egg cartons and then use her ladybugs to decorate her bedroom windowsill.
Supplies you'll need:
- Empty egg carton
- Black pipe cleaners
- Small or medium black pom poms
- Small wiggle eyes
- Crayola or other watercolor kids paints in black and other colors
- Small sharp knife
- Kid-friendly scissors
- Elmer's or other craft glue
- Kids can use scissors to separate egg carton cups and trim the edges (sometimes the egg cartons can be hard to cut, so use adult sissors if necessary).
- Let kids paint egg cartons in a variety of colors (you can use the rest of the egg carton cups for a paint palette) and let dry for 1 hour.
- Glue wiggle eyes on to black pom pom and let dry for 10 minutes.
- When egg carton is dry, parents should use knife to cut 2 small slots on top for the ladybug antannae.
- Cut black pipe cleaner into two-inch strips and slide through small slots and bend the ends to look like antannae.
- Glue black pom with eyes to the top of the egg cup and let dry completely.
- Use paintbrush to dab on black paint dots.
- Let your ladybug dry and enjoy!