A Family That Eats Together: Curried Chicken Made Easy
October 29, 2012Posted by pamela |
Marin Mommies presents this week's guest recipe from Nicole Cibellis, Marin mom and author of the blog A Family that Eats Together, where she shares meal plans and recipes and family dining ideas that will please foodies and children alike. Nicole is also the creator of the new Little Froglet line of children's activewear. Check out Nicole's meal plan for this week.
My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid. I love the sweetness of the chicken with the curry and honey. This is such a simple dish - only 5 ingredients. Throw it in the oven while you decompress after a long day.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Melt butter, honey and mustard in a small saucepan on the stove over high heat. When bubbly, turn off heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to an oven safe dish that has a lid. Pour sauce over the top and cover the pot with the lid. (Use tinfoil if you don’t have an oven safe dish with a lid) Place dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice.