A Family That Eats Together: Pesto and Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
May 7, 2012Posted by pamela |
Marin Mommies presents this week's guest recipe from Nicole Cibellis, Marin mom and author of the blog A Family that Eats Together, where she shares meal plans and recipes that will please foodies and children alike. Nicole is also the creator of the new Little Froglet line of children's activewear.
Nicole's meal plan for this week features quick roasted chicken thighs with fresh shelled peas and saffrom couscous, a caprese sandwich, Asian lettuce cups, smokey tomato bacon soup with grilled cheese, and this pesto and chicken fettucini alfredo.
Imagine a creamy sauce filled with all the flavor of pesto. This is it! Using left over chicken and a creamy pesto sauce, dinner is made in a flash.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Fettuccini
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cups shredded left over cooked chicken
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup cream
- kosher salt
- Prepare the pasta per the package instructions.
- In a food processor, pulse: basil, pine nuts, parmesan, and garlic. Once these ingredients are well chopped and combined, slowly add oil while continuing to blend ingredients. Pour into a large sauté pan over low heat. Add chicken, cream, wine and season with salt to taste. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.