Family That Eats Together: Spaghetti With Zucchini
July 9, 2012Posted by pamela |
Marin Mommies presents this week's guest recipe from Nicole Cibellis, Marin mom and author of the blog A Family that Eats Together, where she shares meal plans and recipes that will please foodies and children alike. Nicole is also the creator of the new Little Froglet line of children's activewear.
Nicole's meal plan for this week features bucatini in a tomato and eggplant sauce, zucchini ricotta fritters, vegetarian tostadas with homemade refried beans, the yummiest peanut tofu stir fry ever, and this fresh and easy spaghetti with zucchini.
This is a quick and easy recipe that can be done in a flash using seasonally fresh zucchini. The trick is to julienne (AKA very thinly slice) the zucchini as finely as possible. This can be done with a knife or with a mandoline. If the zucchini is super fresh, you don't even need to cook it. It will be great raw.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 zucchini, julienned
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil, torn
- fresh parsley, finely sliced
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Meyer lemon, grate the rind for zest and juice the lemon (a traditional lemon can be substituted)
- Boil water for pasta. If cooking the zucchini, add to boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Cook pasta per the package instructions.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add oil and garlic. Brown garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. When pasta is done, drain and add to oil and garlic. Add zucchini, lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with parmesan, lemon zest, basil and parsley.