Father's Day Fun in Marin and Beyond
June 13, 2012Posted by andrew |
This Sunday is Father's Day, so why not do something special for Dad? There are many fun and exciting events, outings, and activities available for families in Marin and the Bay Area, and here are our ten favorite picks for a memorable Father's Day outing this weekend:
- It's the last weekend for the Mountain Play's production of The Music Man. Pack a picnic and treat Dad to a theatrical experience in the great outdoors. Performances take place on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.
- If theater's not Dad's thing, hike up to Mount Tam's West Point Inn for their Sunday pancake breakfast, 9 am–1 pm. It's $10 for adults and $5 for children.
- Take Dad on an outing to the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa and learn all about the creator of Peanuts. Fathers get in for free all day on Father's Day!
- Camp out with Dad under the stars at the Father Son Camp Over in Corte Madera Town Park. The fun starts at 6:30 pm on Friday, June 15, and lasts until 10 am on Saturday at 10 am. Enjoy games, activities, a BBQ and breakfast. The cost is $25 per person if you're sleeping over, $11 if you're just there for the BBQ and games.
- Take Dad to the Tiburon Classic Car Show at Shoreline Park on Saturday. It's free, and you can pack a picnic or grab lunch at one of downtown Tiburon's restaurants.
- Hop on the ferry and head over to Angel Island for a day of hiking, bike riding, and playing at the beach. There's also live music on Saturday and Sunday at the Cove Café from 1–4:30 pm.
- Visit the historic home of writer (and dad) Jack London in Glen Ellen. Bring your picnic and your hiking boots.
- Pack some lunch, swimsuits, and towels and hit the beach! Heart's Desire Beach at Tomales Bay State Park is a great beach for swimming, picnicing, playing in the sand, and just relaxing.
- Head to the Wine Country and spend the day in Sonoma. Grab some great local food and wine and picnic in the Sonoma Plaza, and then go visit California's past at Sonoma State Historic Park.
- Navigate your way to the waterfront town of Vallejo for the free Northern California Pirate Festival, which takes place from 10 am–6 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy piratical music, swordplay, pirate skills demonstrations, food, and booty!
Of course there's so much more to do on Father's Day that we simply can't list everything here. What are you doing with Dad this weekend? Let us know by leaving a comment.