Jewelry for Every Woman - And of Course Moms too!
October 29, 2012Posted by pamela |
Marin Mommies presents a guest article by Liz Scherotter.
A couple years ago, I was invited to a Stella & Dot trunk show. What is a Stella & Dot trunk show, you might ask? It’s a gathering where women hang out together and a Stella & Dot stylist is on hand to help the guests. Basically, it’s playing dress up with a personal stylist! No long presentation, no heavy sales pitch… just fun and fashion in a casual relaxed environment. What I immediately discovered was a great line of jewelry that is beautiful and affordable (half the line is under $50.)
Here is a look at some mommy faves from Stella & Dot.
Versatile Necklaces (Spice up your date night!)
Quite a few Stella & Dot pieces can be worn in multiple ways. These necklaces can be worn to suit your mood. In challenging economic times, why not get a piece that can be worn multiple ways, like many necklaces in one!
Tempest Necklace (just featured in the October 2012 issue of InStyle Magazine; pictured above)
The ultimate statement piece, blending diverse elements of steel chain, brass cupchain, distressed black acrylic stones, silk ribbon, and an intricate brass closure detailed with pave glass stones.
Zoe Lariat (below left)
Each end of this versatile, easy wearing mixed chain lariat, is capped with white bronze plated brass finials. It can be worn at least 4 different ways. A mixed of gold, rose gold, and hematite, plated faceted brass beads are hand woven through a white bronze plated brass chain and accented with Czech stones.
Gitane Tassel Necklace (above right)
Faceted metallic glass beads add sparkle to this timelessly chic rosary-style gold-plated brass necklace. Removable tassel features two smoky quartz accent stones. S-hook closure allows for versatility in styling. Wear it doubled with S-hook with or without tassel, or wear it long or tripled without the S-hook.
What I’ve learned from starting my own Stella & Dot business
- Because we are moms, we don’t have to forget about ourselves. It’s important to feel put-together and stylish. A necklace can instantly make one feel a little more together and ready to tackle the demands of the day (even if you are still wearing your yoga pants).
- We have one heck of a tough job on our hands, but we need to take care of ourselves and that includes downtime with fun and little rewards.
- For moms, it’s crucial to get out and spend time away from our children. We are better parents when we cultivate friendships with other women. (Trunk shows are a great “excuse” for this.)
- You know all the things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them. (Use your “special” china to eat dinner on tonight, call someone you love and tell them that, take a wild leap of faith… it can change the course of your life).
- The only difference between fear and excitement is your attitude about it. (Did I mention I can sometimes feel shy and have never held “a sales job” in my life?)
- Starting a business that is fun proves to my kids that they can do what they love for work, and enjoy doing it.
- Enjoy life. You only have one!
A little more about Stella & Dot
Stella & Dot was started by inspirational mompreneur, Jessica Herrin. Jessica, a mother of two, wanted to use her savvy to help solve the modern woman's dilemma: achieving success and balance through a career you love. Jessica's vision called for an entirely new concept that could guarantee women flexibility, reward, style, profit and fun. With an irresistible product and exceedingly personal service, a proven formula for passionate earning and personal success was born.
Wrap up: Let’s make this fun!
Please comment on my Facebook page and tell me your favorite pieces! Once you do this, you will be entered into a drawing to win a free piece of jewelry! Drawing will be held on November 15, 2012.
Book a holiday trunk show (hold it between now and December 20) and get an additional $25 to spend in free jewelry. (FYI, that is my gift to you on top of the average $250 in free jewelry most hostesses earn from Stella & Dot). Contact me as soon as possible as my schedule is filling up; call (415) 497-2123 or e-mail Liz@QueenOfWonder.com. I am happy to meet for coffee to discuss it first. It is really quite simple.
Liz Scherotter just celebrated her 15 year wedding anniversary and is a mom two rambunctious boys ages 7 and 10. She loves yoga, cooking, and spending time with friends. Liz also started a women’s group called “Fun Squad!” To learn more check it out…