Marin County Farmers' Markets 2015
March 31, 2015Posted by pamela |
Spring has arrived, and that means it's time to head to your nearby farmers' market to buy fresh organic produce and other locally grown and produced goodies. Marin has some year-round farmers' markets, but the majority of them start up again in spring after going on hiatus in the fall. Here is a list of of year-round and opening dates for a variety of local farmer's markets throughtout Marin and the North Bay. Please note that not all dates and times are finalized, so make sure you check before you go.
Year-round Marin County farmers' markets:
- Civic Center Farmers' Market in San Rafael takes place every Thursday and Sunday morning from 8 am–1 pm. They have lots of organically grown produce, breads, eggs, and fresh cut flowers. The Thursday farmer's market is located next the Civic Center duck pond and the Sunday one is located in the Civic Center parking lot.
- Corte Madera Farmers' Market takes place every Wednesday from noon–5 pm. This farmers' market is located at the Corte Madera Town Center off Highway 101.
- Marin County Mart Farmers Market happens every Saturday from 9 am–2 pm, rain or shine. Pony rides for kids from 10 am–2 pm, live family entertainment, and more. At Sir Francis Drake Blvd and Larkspur Landing Circle.
- Marinwood Community Farmer's Market, at the Marinwood Plaza in San Rafael on Saturday mornings from 9 am–2 pm. Located at Marinwood Plaza 101 Marinwood Avenue San Rafael.,
- Mill Valley Farmers' Market takes place year-round on Fridays from 9:30 am–2:30 pm at the CVS Pharmacy parking lot next to the Alto Shopping Center, off of Blithedale and Lomita in Mill Valley.
- Sausalito Farmers’ Market, Sundays from 10 am–2 pm at Dunphy Park adjacent to Bridgeway in Sausalito
Seasonal farmers markets in and around Marin:
- Downtown San Rafael Farmers' Market: April 2–September 24, Thursday evenings from 6–9 pm, rain or shine.
- Fairfax Farmers' Market: April 29–September 30, Wednesday evening from 4–8 pm at Bolinas Park, 124 Bolinas Road in downtown Fairfax
- Novato’s Farmers' Market: May 5–September 29 from 4–8 pm every Tuesday evening, located on (new location) Grant between 1st St. and 4th Street.
- Ross Valley Farmers' Market: May–October on Thursdays from 3–7 pm at the Ross Post Office, Ross Common and Lagunitas Road
- Tam Valley Farmer's Market: May–November on Tuesday from 3–7 pm at Tamalpais Community Center, 203 Marin Avenue
- Valley of the Moon Certified Sonoma Farmers' Market: May 5 through October 27 starting at 5:30 pm every Tuesday evening at the Sonoma Plaza, 2 East Napa Street, Sonoma.
- Point Reyes Station Farmers’ Market: Late June–November on Saturdays from 9 am–1 pm at Toby’s Feed Barn in Point Reyes Station
- San Anselmo Farmers Market-June-October on Fridays from 4-8 pm at the Elan Fitness Center Parking lot at 220 Greenfield Avenue.