Marin County Farmers' Markets 2013
April 16, 2013Posted by pamela |
It’s spring, and that means it's time to go to your local farmers' market and buy fresh and organic produce and other goodies. There are some year-round farmers' markets in Marin, but the majority of them start up again in spring after going on hiatus in the fall. Here is a list of of year-round and opening dates for a variety of local farmer's markets throughtout Marin and the North Bay.
Year-round farmers' markets:
- Civic Center Farmers' Market in San Rafael takes place every Thursday and Sunday morning from 8 am–1 pm. They have lots of organically grown produce, breads, eggs, and fresh cut flowers. The Thursday farmer's market is located next the Civic Center duck pond and the Sunday one is located in the Civic Center parking lot.
- Corte Madera Farmers' Market takes place every Wednesday from noon–5 pm. This farmers' market is located at the Corte Madera Town Center off Highway 101.
- Marin County Mart Farmers Market happens every Saturday from 9 am–2 pm, rain or shine. Pony rides for kids from 10 am–2 pm, live family entertainment, and more. At Sir Francis Drake Blvd and Larkspur Landing Circle.
- Marinwood Community Farmer's Market, at the Marinwood Plaza in San Rafael on Saturday mornings from 9 am–2 pm. Located at Marinwood Plaza 101 Marinwood Avenue San Rafael.,
- Mill Valley Farmers' Market takes place year-round on Fridays from 9:30 am–2:30 pm at the CVS Pharmacy parking lot next to the Alto Shopping Center, off of Blithedale and Lomita in Mill Valley.
- Sausalito Farmers’ Market, Sundays from 10 am–2 pm at Dunphy Park adjacent to Bridgeway in Sausalito
Seasonal farmers markets:
- Downtown San Rafael Farmers' Market: April 4 through September 26 from 6–9 pm every Thursday evening, rain or shine.
- Novato’s Farmers' Market: May 7–October 15 from 4–8 pm every Tuesday evening, located on Grant Avenue in downtown Novato
- Fairfax Farmers' Market: May 1–September 25 from 4–8 pm every Wednesday evening at Bolinas Park, 124 Bolinas Road in downtown Fairfax
- Ross Valley Farmers' Market: May 30–October on Thursdays from 3–7 pm at the Marin Art & Garden Center in Ross
- Tam Valley Farmer's Market: May 21–November on Tuesday from 3–7 pm at Tamalpais Community Center, 203 Marin Avenue
- Valley of the Moon Certified Sonoma Farmers' Market: May 5 through October 29 starting at 5:30 pm every Tuesday evening at the Sonoma Plaza on the Square, 2 E Napa Street, Sonoma.
- Point Reyes Station Farmers’ Market: June 22 –November 2 on Saturdays from 9 am–1 pm at Toby’s Feed Barn in Point Reyes Station