Ten Fun Family Things to Do on Thanksgiving Break
November 19, 2012Posted by pamela |
It's Thanksgiving week, and since most schools give kids the entire week off, you'll probably be looking for ways to keep them occupied before and after Turkey Day. Here are our top 10 activities for families for Thanksgiving break:
- Go ice skating at the new Marin on Ice holiday skating rink at Northgate.
- Get creative in a drop-in class at Novato's Studio 4 Art.
- Go on a fall hike with the family.
- Get a head start on the holidays at the West End Nursery Christmas House in San Rafael.
- Make a cute pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Play, run, and jump at Sausalito's PlayLand indoor bounce house experience.
- Visit your local library and find some great Thanksgiving books to read.
- Experience the tree lighting at Union Square or Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco.
- Get your photo taken with Santa at a local shopping center.
- Go snow sledding in downtown San Rafael at the annual Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland.