Top 10 Marin Kids' Birthday Party Venues!
February 1, 2012Posted by pamela |
There's no shortage of great places to hold your child's birthday party in Marin, but which ones are the favorites with local families? Here's our top-ten list of kids' birthday party venues throughout Marin County, as selected by us and by Marin Mommies readers. (Please not that we haven't included parks and playgrounds in this list, though.) You can browse more Marin birthday party venues on our Marin Birthday Party Guide, as well as search for entertainers, caterers, party supplies, bounce houses, and more.
Here's our selection (in no particular order):
- Love2Dance: Novato's Love2Dance is not only a great place for dance classes, but for active themed birthday parties as well! Themes for Love2Dance's two-hour parties include "Pretty Princess", "Hawaiian Hula", "Hollywood", and even "Disney's High School Musical", and include lots of dancing and games like the Hokey Pokey and musical chairs. Love2Dance provides all the decorations and suppiles, and you bring snacks, beverages, and the cake! Owner Tara brings tons of energy and enthusiasm to the party and is great with the kids. Read more about Love2Dance's birthday parties here.
- Cal-Star Gymnastics: Kids can have a ball and burn off some energy at Cal-Star Gymnastics' active birthday parties. Parties at this popular Novato gymnastics studio can accommodate up to 30 children, and include time in the foam pit—with swinging ropes and a climbing wall—and trampoline, as well as free play time and a session on the mighty three-person spinning Hurricane Swing. After all that, there's time for cake. Cal-Star provides tables, chairs, and use of their refrigerator. Parties are for kids ages 1-1/2 and up (all activities are age-appropriate). Read about our birthday party experience at Cal-Star Gymnastics here.
- Tutu School: This Larkspur ballet school offers princess parties for ages 2 and up. Tutu School's Ballet Birthday Parties are the perfect way to help your little swan or Sugar Plum Fairy celebrate their special day! Each and every party includes a brief ballet class, a special birthday story featuring the guest of honor, a delicious cupcake picnic, and delightful party favors.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum: Consistently voted "Best Kids Party in Marin" by the Pacific Sun, Sausalito's Bay Area Discovery Museum ranging from their themed "Birthday Bonanza" to party room rentals where you bring your own cake and goodies to the museum's Playhouse party room. Birthday party guests have full use of museum exhibits and free programs, too! BADM members get a discount, of course, as well as 10% of in their store, which stocks a great selection of birthday presents.
- Marin Treks: This popular natural history museum and nature center in Novato offers fun and educational live animal birthday bashes where kids can get up close and personal with their resident reptiles, amphibians, insects, arachnids, and other creepy-crawlies. Parties for kids ages 4–12 are available. Marin Treks also holds other hands-on events including nature hikes, science nights at the museum, drop-in hours, and more. Read our article on Marin Treks here.
- SoccerKids: In addition to offering fun and fantastic year-round soccer classes around Marin County, Coach Jaime and his staff offer exciting high energy SoccerKids birthday parties for children 2-1/2 to 7. SoccerKids provides all the equipment, and the birthday child gets a SoccerKids t-shirt and hat! Birthday parties include one hour of soccer activities culminating in an exciting soccer game.
- Hamilton Pool: This new pool facility is a favorite in town. Pool parties can take place during public swim times. Cost is $34 per hour and $4 per person. Fee includes pool access and two picnic tables under a shade structure. Reserve the large stainless steel gas BBQ for an additional $20 (you must reserve the grill when you book your reservation). Picnic tables and charcoal grills may be reserved for $15 plus pool admission fee for each guest. Pool opens in May. Advance reservations: (415) 485-3344. Read our article on Hamilton Pool here.
- Morning Star Farm: Morning Star Farm offers Pony Parties for aspiring young cowgirls and cowboys ages 3–9 at their Novato equestrian center. Parties include an hour of hand-led rides on the farm's cute and gentle ponies, as well as a visit to the farm's petting zoo—featuring goats, lambs, pigs, miniature horses, ducks, and bunnies—and play time on their playground. There's room for a jumpy house, too, if you have to have one. Pony Parties can be held on rainy days, too, in Morning Star Farm's covered riding arena. Read our article about Morning Star Farm's Pony Parties here.
- Play Well TEKnologies: San Anselmo's awesome LEGO center is a paradise for lovers of the popular plastic building bricks. They offer parties either in-house at their Marin Engineering Center or at the location of your choice for children ages 5 and up. Choose from a variety of different LEGO projects, including building tunnels, castles, pyramids, and motorizined planes, cars, and trains. They also offer drop-in play for kids ages 2 and up. They also stock a wide variety of LEGO sets, as well as other brands of building sets. Read about our visit to Play Well TEKnologies here and our LEGO birthday party experience here.
- Studio 4 Art: This happening art studio in downtown Novato offers hands-on kids' art parties for 8–20 children. Kids can create amazing mosaics, clay sculptures, paintings, drawings and more! Owner Kebby and her staff are helpful and inspiring and bring out the creativity in everyone. We've been to numerous parties and classes here and it's always a great experience.