Write for Marin Mommies
Marin Mommies regularly publishes guest articles by local parents and professionals. We welcome contributions long and short from knowledgeable local authors and experts, on either a regular or occasional basis.
Contributors to Marin Mommies include cooking and financial experts, pediatricians, dentists and orthodontists, home-schooling parents, educators, stylists and fashion mavens, fitness pros, and others. With each guest article we'll include a brief bio, as well as a link back to your blog or website.
Some ideas for great guest posts include:
- Health, fitness, or children's safety tips
- Family hikes, outdoor activities, or camping trips
- Travel destination and lodging reviews
- Education insights
- Reviews of local family friendly museums and exhibits
- Local family-friendly restaurant or business reviews
- Art and craft projects for kids
Want to see your guest post or article published on Marin Mommies? Here are some tips to consider:
- We like to publish original content. Preferably, guest posts are written specifically for publication on Marin Mommies, but we don't mind cross-posting an awesome article from your blog. Please don't send us content that's been featured on more than one other online publication.
- We prefer to publish content by local authors. We're a hyperlocal website serving an audience primarily in Marin County and the San Francisco Bay Area, and we like to feature writing by authors who are members of the community. That's not to say we won't consider important or interesting articles by experts from other parts of the state or country, though.
- Please spell-check and go over your article before sending it to us. We don't expect everyone to write like a professional, but please make sure you do a basic amount of editing before sending us your content. We will always edit your content before posting it on the site, and we reserve the right to make edits for style and content at our discretion.
- If possible, include images to accompany your guest article. Please make sure that any photographs that you provide are your original work, and respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- If you're a business owner and are writing about your area of expertise, please write from a general perspective—don't just write an advertisement or press release for your business.
- Make sure you take a look at the articles on our website and get an idea of appropriate subject matter and "voice".
Please submit articles for consideration via email to email@example.com. Articles should sent as attachments Microsoft Word .doc or .docx format, or as rich text files (.rtf). We reserve the right to edit articles at our discretion and to decline any content for any reason.
At this time, we are unable to offer financial compensation for guest contributions.