25 Inexpensive (or Free) Things to Do for Families in February
It's already February, and you don't have to break the bank to have a great time this fall with the kiddos! Here are 25 great ideas for great affordable activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area in February, all of which are free or really inexpensive. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration, so check before you go.
- Go feed the animals at Tilden Park's Little Farm, Berkeley (see photo above).
- Explore a Marin County Park for free. February, 3, 7 am–7 pm.
- Visit the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco for free on the first Sunday of the month. February 4, 10:30 am–2 pm
- Fun for the entire family at the free Super Bowl Party, Sweetwater Music Hall, Mill Valley, February 4, 2 pm.
- Run, jump and play at one of the many Marin Playgrounds.
- Admission to the Bay Area Discovery Museum is free on the first Wednesday of the month. February 7, 9 am–5 pm
- Make Your Own Valentines at the Mill Valley Library, February 7, 2:30 pm–4 pm.
- Take a winter family hike with the kids in Marin.
- Get creative at Art in the Park for families, Hal Brown Park, Greenbrae, February 10, 10 am–noon.
- Celebrate love at the Saint Valentine's Festival, Marin Country Mart Farmers Market, February 10, 10 am–2 pm.
- Meet the players at Giants FanFest 2018, AT&T Park, San Francisco. February 10, 10 am–3 pm
- Celebrate Lunar New Year with the Red Panda Acrobats, Mill Valley Library. February 11, 11 am–noon.
- Little ones can sing, dance and play instruments at Baby Time! San Rafael Library. February 13, 10:30–11 am
- Create a sweet treat at teeny cake's Valentine Cookie Decorating, in Novato. February 14, 12–2 pm
- Get hands-on with Crazy Science at the Fairfax Library. February 14, 4–5 pm
- Celebrate Lunar New Year with the Red Panda Acrobats, Belvedere Tibruon Library. February 15, 4–5 pm.
Learn How to Pier Fish, Paradise Beach Park, Tiburon. February 17, 10 am–noon.
- Celebrate Lunar New Year with the Chinese Lion Dancers, San Anselmo Town Lawn. Februrary 17, 11–11:20 am
- Gather around the campfire for a short talk, songs and a marshmallow roast at the Petaluma Adobe. February 17, 4:30–5:30 pm.
- Watch a movie on the big screen. Ski Week Movie Marathon: Finding Dory, San Anselmo Library. February 21, 1–3 pm.
- Sing and Dance with Miss Kitty! San Rafael Public Library. February 23, 10:30 am.
- Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss Storytime & Crafts, Barnes & Noble, Corte Madera. Februrary 24, 11 am
- Enjoy a family bird walk with a Ranger, Crissy Field, San Francisco. February 24, 8:30–10:30 am
- Explore the night sky at the Presidio Stargazing Party, Main Parade Ground, San Francisco. February 24, 7–10 am.
- Free day with Guest Cartoonist Judd Winick, Charles Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa. February 25, 10 am–5 pm.