Mom's Support Group
This free, ongoing group is an opportunity for moms and babies to get together in a relaxed environment to express the joys and concerns of being a new mother. We discuss a variety of topics including nursing, newborn care, parenting, and other common experiences. We also provide a scale for you to weigh your baby every week. The group is facilitated by a Registered Nurse/International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Jan 10: Breastfeeding in Public
- Jan 17: The Emotional Needs of the Breastfeeding Mother
- Jan. 24: Night Time Needs
- Jan 31: Returning to Work
- Feb 7: Breastfeeding Challenges: Engorgement, Plugged Ducts, Mastitis, and Sore Nipples
- Feb 14: Benefits of Breast Milk
- Feb 21: Becoming a Couple Again
- Feb 28: Diet for Lactation Calcium Needs
- Mar 6: Increasing Your Milk Supply and Growth Spurts
- Mar 13: Introducing Solids
- Mar 20: Your Baby’s Nursing Strike
- Mar 27: Weaning Your Baby Slowly or Abruptly
MarinHealth facilitates numerous classes and support groups for new, and expectant parents. View a list of all of our Pregnancy & Childbirth Classes and Support Groups.