Information Session for Pacific Discovery K–8 School in Mill Valley
THE PACIFIC DISCOVERY SCHOOL — An inclusive and diverse K-8th grade school opening in Mill Valley in Fall 2018
Looking for the right fit for your K-8th grader? This new school is worth a visit!
The Pacific Discovery School (PDS) situated in the beautiful hills of Mill Valley on the campus of the old Ring Mountain Day School, is set to open its doors in the Fall to much anticipation and excitement. The Head of School, Wendy Xa, also the founder of the prominent and extremely successful Presidio Knolls School in San Francisco, has one goal in mind: To fill a gap in the educational landscape here in Marin that has existed for quite some time.
What is The Pacific Discovery School?
Knowing that no two children learn the same, PDS, a progressive, diverse K-8th grade school is taking on the task of teaching to each individual child's level and ability with a holistic approach that celebrates the potential in every child not only academically, but socially and emotionally as well. The PDS team is committed to nurturing each child’s curiosity, creativity and academic achievement, with integrated and project based learning, a phenomenal and unique outdoor education program, collaborative learning and a strong focus on building integrity, empathy and confidence in every student.
While there are many commendable options both private and public in which students can thrive in the Bay Area, Pacific Discovery is special due to its unique combination of serveral key learning principles it calls The PDS Advantage:
- An emphasis on the whole child with equal attention paid to both social/emotional growth and academic excellence.
- Integrated Academics & Project Based Learning where multiple subject areas are integrated into interactive, fun, engaging, hands-on and real-world based projects to help students understand how class learning can be relevant, interesting and applicable to their own lives.
- The Nature Discovery Program — consisting of a full day in nature each week and outdoor time integrated into every school day - is based on research based findings that prove that outdoor activity is a catalyst for calm and clear thought, motivates kids to learn, encourages leadership and teamwork and improves critical thinking and decision making.
- A collaborative, team focused and student-led learning environment by which students are expected to inquire, discuss, engage and learn with and from one another (based on The Harkness Method Teaching Program).
- Intimate, specialized and nurturing class sizes that allow for mentorship and relationship building school-wide and across grades. When information and experiences are shared across age groups, the school environment becomes one of family where students feel supported, respected, loved, mentored and confident in who they are.
THE PDS PROGRAM (Full & Part-Time)
PDS offers both a Full-Time Program (5 days/week) which consists of our core curriculum and programming, as well as the only Part-Time Homeschool Support Program (HSP) in Marin County. HSP offers elements of the PDS curriculum to homeschool students who desire access to the rich learnings available from our nature, humanities and STEM programs.
Learn more about this special program at the upcoming
Thursday, May 31
9–11am; RSVP HERE!
6:30 pm–8:30 pm: RSVP HERE!
Visit our website at www.pacificdiscoveryschool.org
June 22, 2018
June 20, 2018
June 18, 2018
Promote your business here!