Marin Family Fun for 4th of July Weekend
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this 4th of July Weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar.
- The 2022 Marin County Fair returns with "So Happy Together!", the first in-person fair in two years, at the fairgrounds in San Rafael. Friday–Monday, 11 am–11 pm
- Transcendence Theatre Company is back at Jack London State Park with its Broadway magic with Let's Dance, Friday–Sunday, 7:30 pm.
Friday, July 1
- Bring the little ones to Pop-Up Storytime in the Park at Boyle Park in Mill Valley, 10:15–10:45 am.
- Join Novato Library for Family Happy Hour on the back lawn, Friday, 2–3 pm
- See The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh for free outdoors at Marin Country Mart, Friday, 6 pm.
- Lydia Pense and Cold Blood perform at Sausalito's Jazz & Blues by the Bay, Friday, 6:30–8 pm
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Friday: Back to the Future, Friday, 9 pm.
Saturday, July 2
- Enjoy soulful takes on classic kids' songs in Sausalito's Robin Sweeny Park, Saturday, 11 am–noon.
- Visit downtown San Anselmo for live concerts at Live on the Avenue, Traveling Wilburys Revue at Creek Park 6:00-8:30 pm.
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Friday: Superman the Movie, 9 pm.
Sunday, July 3
- Shop for organically grown produce and more at the Sunday Marin Farmer's Market at Northgate Mall II (this Sunday only) in San Rafael. 8 am–1 pm.
- Visit the Stern Grove Festival for a performance by headliner Cold War Kids, Sunday, 2 pm
- Barry "The Fish" Melton Band performs a free concert at Corte Madera's Piccolo Pavilion, Sunday, 5–6:30 pm.
Monday, July 4
- Wake up to the annual Buckaroo Breakfast, a 4th of July tradition in Novato. Suggested donation: $7 for adults, $5 for kids, 7 to 10 am
- Novato’s 4th of July Parade is one of the largest in the Bay Area and takes place from 10 am to noon in downtown Novato at Grant and Railroad Avenues.
- Sausalito’s 4th of July parade will commence at 10 am down Bridgeway & Caledonia Street. Then enjoy live music, food, and games at Dunphy Park, 12:30–4:30 pm.
- Corte Madera-Larkspur 4th of July Parade and Festival kicks off with the parade at 10:30 am at Redwood High School in Larkspur
- The town of Ross celebrates the 4th of July at its annual parade and picnic on the Ross Common. Festivities begin at 11 am
- Visit Cavallo Point in Sausalito for shopping, kids' activities, and a 4th of July BBQ, 11 am–1 pm.
- Sausalito's Fireworks Extravaganza at Gabrielson Park. Neon Velvet is sure to keep you dancing from 6:30-9 pm. Fireworks will begin around 9:15 pm and last for half an hour.
- Book a 4th of July fireworks cruise with the Angel Island Tiburon Ferry. Boats board at 8 pm.
- Watch Petaluma's 4th of July fireworks show at Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds. 9–10 pm
- Sonoma's 4th of July fireworks show takes place over General Vallejo's Field at dusk (approximately 9:30 pm)
- Pier 39 is a great place to see the magnificent San Francisco fireworks display, beginning at 9:30 pm.
June 29, 2022
June 14, 2022
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here