Marin Weekend Family Fun for February 3–5
Meet the players and coaches and participate in fun activities at the KNBR Giants FanFest at Oracle Park on Saturday.
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar. Note that many of these events require advance registration and some may depend on weather conditions so make sure you check with the organizer before you go.
- Head out to Point Reyes National Seashore for whale and elephant seal watching.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with music, activities, and shopping at the Chinatown Community Street Fair, Saturday, 10 am–4:30 pm & Sunday, 9 am–5 pm.
- See Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka live on stage at the Presidio Theatre, Saturday, 10:30 & 1 pm, Sunday, 2 pm.
Friday, February 3
- Sing along and dance with Soul4Kidz at Robin Sweeny Park, Sausalito, Friday, 11 am–noon.
- Join Iris for outdoor storytime at Fairfax Library, Friday, 10 am.
- Join NPS rangers for a campfire talk at Presidio Tunnel Tops in San Francisco, Friday, 4–4:30 pm.
- Explore bioluminescence at First Fridays: Glow in the Dark at Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland, Friday, 6–10 pm
Saturday, February 4
- Learn all about mushrooms with One Tam at Roy's Redwoods Preserve in San Geronimo, Saturday, 9 am–2 pm
- Shop for fresh produce and locally made foods and enjoy live entertainment at the Marin Country Mart Farmers' Market, Saturday, 9 am–2 pm.
- Bring the whole family for kindie tunes with Megan Schoenbohm, Piper Park, Larkspur, Saturday, 9:30–10:30 am. (weather permitting)
- Meet the players at the free Giants KNBR FanFest 2023, Oracle Park, Saturday, 10 am–3 pm.
- Join Mill Valley Library for Family Storytime in the Children's Room. Saturday, 3–3:30 pm.
- Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with the annual Alaska Airlines Chinese New Year Parade in downtown San Francisco, Saturday, 5:15–8 pm
Sunday, February 5
- Shop for fresh produce and handcrafted local foods at the Marin Civic Center Farmers Market, Sunday, 8 am–1 pm.
- Enjoy family fun and storytelling celebrating the Year of the Rabbit at the Asian Art Museum, Sunday, 11 am–2:30 pm.
- Get hands-on with art at Marin MOCA's Free Family Day, Sunday, 11 am–3 pm.
March 31, 2023
March 31, 2023
March 26, 2023
March 24, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here