Marin Weekend Family Fun for January 20–22
Take a family waterfall hike to Buck Gulch Falls (AKA the Fairway Waterfall) in Novato
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar. Note that many of these events require advance registration and some may depend on weather conditions so make sure you check with the organizer before you go.
- Head out to Point Reyes National Seashore for whale and elephant seal watching.
- Take a family waterfall hike to Buck Gulch Falls in Novato (AKA the Fairway Waterfall).
Friday, January 20
- Join Iris for outdoor storytime at Fairfax Library, Friday, 10 am.
- Build a sandcastle with Marin Parks Rangers at McNears Beach. Hot cider provided. No pets. Friday, 10 am–noon.
- Join Marin Country Mart for Youth In Arts’ `Til Dawn's SING OUT Scholarship Fundraiser Concert, Friday, 6–7 pm
Saturday, January 21
- Shop for fresh produce and locally made foods and enjoy live entertainment at the Marin Country Mart Farmers' Market, Saturday, 9 am–2 pm.
- Meet Megan Schoenbohm at Piper Park in Larkspur for an interactive sing-along, Saturday, 9:30–10 am.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year at Terra Marin School in Mill Valley, Saturday, 10 am–noon.
- Look for newts and other creatures at a Junior Ranger program at China Camp State Park in San Rafael, Saturday, 10 am–noon.
- Take an afternoon hike at General Vallejo's home in Sonoma, Saturday, noon.
- Welcome the Year of the Rabbit with a lion dance performance at San Anselmo Town Plaza, Saturday, 1–1:30 pm.
- See an exciting lion dance celebrating the Year of the Rabbit at Mill Valley Library, Saturday, 2:30–3 pm.
- Join Mill Valley Library for Family Storytime in the Children's Room. Saturday, 3–3:30 pm.
Sunday, January 22
- Gret your fruits and veggies and handcrafted local foods at the Marin Civic Center Farmers Market, Sunday, 8 am–1 pm
- Take a family walk to spectacular Buck Gulch Falls with Marin Parks rangers n Novato, Sunday, 10 am–1 pm
- Experience a demonstration of Native American crafts and food preparation at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park (advance tickets required), Sunday, 10 am–2 pm.
- Build flexibility and strength and explore meditation at Mart Littles Yoga & Mindfulness, Sunday, 10:30–11:15 am.
- Learn about animals of the arctic at Marine Science Sundays at the Marine Mammal Center, Sunday, noon–2 pm.
March 31, 2023
March 31, 2023
March 26, 2023
March 24, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here