Pacific Discovery School: Opening in Mill Valley this Fall
Marin Mommies presents a sponsored article from Pacific Discovery School.
Pacific Discovery School: An innovative TK-8th grade school opening in Mill Valley in Fall 2018
OPEN HOUSE — Sunday, March 4, 1 pm; RSVP HERE!
Looking for the right fit for your TK-8th grader? This new school is worth a visit!
The Pacific Discovery School (PDS), situated in the beautiful hills of Mill Valley on the campus of the old Ring Mountain Day School, is set to open its doors in the Fall to much anticipation and excitement. The Head of School, Wendy Xa, also the founder of the prominent and extremely successful Presidio Knolls School in San Francisco, has one goal in mind: to fill a gap in the educational landscape here in Marin that has existed for quite some time.
What is The Pacific Discovery School?
Knowing that no two children learn the same, Pacific Discovery School, an independent TK–8th grade school is taking on the mission of teaching to each individual child's level and ability with a holistic approach that celebrates the potential in every child not only academically, but socially and emotionally as well. The PDS team is committed to nurturing each child’s curiosity, creativity and academic achievement, with differentiated learning environments, outdoor education and a strong focus on building integrity, empathy and confidence in every student.
While there are many commendable options both private and public in which students can thrive in the Bay Area, none meet the criteria that Pacific Discovery endeavors to achieve:
- An emphasis on the whole child with equal attention paid to both social/emotional growth and academic excellence.
- Customized learning plans developed through assessments that help differentiate and build the program best suited for each child’s cognitive and social/emotional level and need.
- A collaborative, team focused and student-led learning environment by which students are expected to inquire, discuss, engage and learn with and from one another (based on The Harkness Method Teaching Program).
- An outdoor education program built on research, revealing nature's ability to increase focus and strengthen student's academic achievement as well as emotional well-being.
- Intimate, specialized and nurturing class sizes to ensure one-on-one attention and foster a feeling of safety, respect and acceptance for every student.
Sunday, March 4, 1–3 pm.
70 Lomita Drive, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Explore the grounds, meet the teachers and hear the vision from Head of School, Wendy Xa. Bring your children so they too can experience a day in the life at Pacific Discovery. Jumpy houses, guided nature walks, activities and crafts will keep them busy, while you learn more about why this program is so unique.
Visit our website at www.pacificdiscoveryschool.org.
May 17, 2018
May 10, 2018
Promote your business here!