Terms and Conditions
Marin Mommies was created and developed as a place for parents to have, fun, open, informative, and intellectually stimulating discussions about parenting, raising children, and related issues. With that in mind, there are a few simple rules that registered users must follow in order to keep Marin Mommies a relaxed, open, and useful place for all participants. Registered users must agree to the following rules:
- No flaming and/or baiting. Differing opinions are welcome, but please express them in ways that are not abusive, emotionally charged or objectionable.
- Users agree, through the use of this service, that this web site will not be used to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or sexually oriented.
- Users agree not to post any copyrighted material to this web site unless copyrighted is owned by self or Marin Mommies.
- No posting of advertisements except in areas designated to do so. No posting of chain letters, solicitations, or pyramid schemes.
Administrators and moderators of Marin Mommies reserve the right to delete or edit any post on this site for any reason. Users violating any part of this user agreement may have their accounts permanently suspended and the ISP notified. IP addresses for all posts are recorded.
From time to time Marin Mommies holds contests or drawings for goods and services. By entering a contest or drawing held by Marin Mommies you agree to the following rules:
- Giveaways are open to United States residents only aged 18 and over only. Winners will be announced on this website, as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- All giveaways are free—no purchase is necessary.
- Contests may be cancelled, modified, or postponed without notice.
- Please provide a real email address and contact information, otherwise we can't let you know if you've won.
- Winners' contact information may be shared with third parties; i.e. when a giveaway sponsor will mail a prize directly to the winner.
- Unless otherwise specified, visitors may submit only one entry per giveaway.
- Marin Mommies reserves the right to disqualify anyone submitting multiple entries or incomplete entries, not following contest rules, or in any way tampering with the giveaway process.
- Winners will be selected through Random.org. Winners will be notified via the email account used to submit the contest entry.
- Winners will have until two business days to claim their prize; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- Many of our giveaways are specific to events and attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area, so if you live somewhere outside of Northern California you probably won't want to bother entering.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Marin Mommies reserves the right to alter these contest rules without notice at our discretion.
- Details specific to individual giveaways will be included in their announcement posts, and may supersede any of the rules stated here.
- All giveaway decisions are final.
Marin Mommies does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Marin Mommies or any entity associated with it. Registered users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Marin Mommies and its agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of messages. Marin Mommies also reserves the right to reveal user identities (or knowledge of a user’s activities) in the event of a serious complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by the user.