Ten Fun Family Things to Do on Thanksgiving Break
November 23, 2013Posted by pamela |
It's Thanksgiving week, and since most schools give kids the entire week off, you'll probably be looking for ways to keep them occupied before and after Turkey Day. Here are our top 10 activities for families for Thanksgiving break:
- Go ice skating at a Bay Area skating rink like Marin on Ice.
- Go on a hike at Baltimore Canyon Open Space Preserve, or try another fantastic fall hike.
- Get a head start on the holidays at the West End Nursery Christmas House in San Rafael.
- Make a cute pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Hav fun at an indoor play play space like PlayLand in Sausalito or Jack and Jill's in San Rafael
- Visit your local library and find some great Thanksgiving books to read.
- Experience the tree lighting at Union Square or Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco.
- Get your photo taken with Santa at a local shopping center.
- Head up to Lake Tahoe for some ski and snow fun (thank goodness for snow machines!)
- Go snow sledding in downtown San Rafael at the annual Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland.
Also, if you find yourself in the city, check out the amazing all-new playground at the San Francisco Zoo, which opens tomorrow, Sunday, November 24 at 11 am.