Alcatraz Historic Gardens Youth Program (10 and up)
This event is expired.
Help restore the historic gardens of Alcatraz! Through this program, volunteers will be introduced to the stories of the gardens and have the opportunity to visit some areas not accessible to the public. As an added bonus, garden volunteers arrive on Alcatraz before other visitors, so you can experience the island during the most tranquil time of day.
This volunteer program takes place the last Saturday of every month, 10 am-1 pm, and is for families with children ages 10 and up.
Individuals and Families
This is not a drop-in program. Click on the registration button and complete the express interest form. The volunteer manager will contact you with further details. Please note this program is limited in capacity so cannot accommodate drop-in volunteers. Register here.
Alcatraz programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Families with children ages 10 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.