Marin Mommies Press/PR/Media
Do you want Marin Mommies to write about your event, performance, or business? Let us know about it by sending a press release, a pitch, and images to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't guarantee we'll be able to write about everything we receive, but we'll review your press release and see if we has a place in our editorial calendar.
Some examples of topics we regularly write about:
- Local events, performances, and attractions
- Family active outdoors activities like hiking, camping, and nature activities
- Local and regional travel destinations—state and national parks, Wine Country, Lake Tahoe, the Monterey Bay Area, the Gold Country, Disneyland, etc.
- Interviews with local "mompreneurs"
- Profiles of Marin County preschools
- Fairs and festivals
- Marin County school events and fundraisers
- Local family-friendly businesses and restaurants
We're also PR friendly and are happy to write product reviews and hold giveaways for relevant products and services. We especially love to review quality children's books, music, and games, as well as products designed and created by San Francisco Bay Area and California parents.
Tips for getting us to write about you
- Make it relevant. We write about family acitivities and parenting. Take a look at our site and see what kinds of things we write about. Our audience consists of upscale parents and families.
- Make it local. Marin Mommies is a local content website for Marin County and the San Francisco Bay Area. We're therefore more inclined to write about businesses, events, and attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area (especially in Marin and Sonoma Counties and San Francisco).
- Include images. Send us a photo or two or a link to a press download area.
- Send a sample or invite us over. It's hard for us to review a product or business sight unseen. Email email@example.com for details on where to send product samples and review copies.
- Build a relationship. We love working with regular PR contacts, especially local ones who represent fantastic organizations and businesses within the San Francisco Bay Area.
Product Reviews and Giveaways
Marin Mommies is PR friendly and regularly reviews relevant products and businesses. For information on where to send review copies of products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note:
- Sample and review products will not be returned.
- We can't guarantee we'll write about your product or business.
- We tend to avoid negative reviews—if we don't like it, we won't write about it.
- Products should be of interest to parents, families, and children.
We love to hold giveaways, too, preferably in conjunction with reviews, stories, or advertising campaigns. We've given away music CDs, books, tickets to performances and events like San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker and the Penguins + Pajamas sleepover at the California Academy of Sciences, and more. We're open to additional collaborations, so contact us for more information on sponsoring a giveaway. Our rules and conditions for giveaways can be found here.