Pathways: A Support Group for Postpartum Moms (Virtual)
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and shelter-in-place orders, this six-week series is scheduled to take place virtually, via ZOOM conferencing. Information on accessing the ZOOM sessions will be sent to program participants after registration.
In this six-week series, women going through the early stages of having a new baby will gather to share their experiences and support one another, as well as learn ways to help ease the challenges that you may experience during this time. This group is open to everyone, whether this is your first child or fifth, and is led by a licensed therapist specializing in postpartum emotional health: Katharine Hatch, Ph.D. or Gina Borelli Moore, MFT.
In This Group, Moms Will:
- Learn about postpartum mood issues, from “baby blues” to worry, irritability, sadness, anxiety, and other emotional challenges
- Examine identity shifts from pre- to post-baby life
- Explore changes in marital/partner relationships when a new baby arrives
- Develop relaxation and self-care tools
- Cultivate healthy, realistic expectations for yourself
- Explore childcare and/or return to work concerns
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my baby?
Yes. While not required, pre-crawling babies are welcome to join. If your baby is older and mobile, or if you have older kids, please have another caregiver be with them during the group meetings, so that you can minimize distractions.
- Do I need to attend all 6 sessions?
While we understand that you may not be able to attend all 6 sessions, we encourage you to attend as many as possible to derive the greatest benefit from the group. Missed sessions will not be reimbursed.
- Is this a therapy group?
No. This is a support group and is not designed to replace therapeutic treatment, when needed.
- How often does the group meet?
Each group meets weekly for six weeks. A new series starts quarterly.
Cost: $150 per series of six sessions
- Registration Cost: $150.00
- Call 1-888-996-9644 to register or for more information.