WildCare's Family Nature Day
This event is FREE to the public! RSVP requested, click here to RSVP.
Note that parking at Stafford Lake is $5 per car.
Join WildCare along with One Tam, Marin Humane and The Marine Mammal Center to celebrate Earth Day and learn about our local wildlife “Mrs. T-style.” Go for a naturalist-led hike (bilingual Spanish hike also offered). Participate in an aquatic lake study with nets. Meet WildCare’s live non-releasable, educational, Ambassador Animals. Explore and touch taxidermy from WildCare’s Nature Van. Do a “Nature Scavenger Hunt Challenge”. Create a wildlife-themed arts and crafts project. Bring a picnic to enjoy on the lake shore.
- Meet our live Wildlife Ambassador animals
- Participate in an aquatic lake study with nets
- Go on a naturalist-led nature hike
- Create an arts and crafts project that helps wildlife
- Explore and touch the taxidermy from WildCare’s Nature Van
- Take the “Nature Scavenger Hunt Challenge”
Getting there: From Highway 101 in Novato take the San Marin Drive/Atherton Avenue exit west of San Marin Dr. and turn right at Novato Boulevard. Stafford Lake Park is on the left. We’ll be at Picnic Area #2. This event is FREE but there is a $5 parking fee at Stafford Lake.