WorldWideWomen Girls Festival 2019
This event is expired.
This year's program is as fun and inspiring as ever! Come and experience seven jam-packed hours of captivating workshops; exciting sports activities; competitions with fabulous prizes; interactive booths featuring local organizations; performances by girl troupes; and hands-on activities in our makerspace including arts and crafts, robotics, genetics experiments, entrepreneurship, fashion design, and computer coding!
All of this, and we still have more to come. Be sure to sign up as a WorldWideWomen member (it's free) to join our mailing list and receive special Festival updates. We hope you will join us on November 9th.
Tickets: 0–$15. Purchase tickets here.
Here are the highlights so far:
• Main Stage—performances throughout the day by girls’ singing, dancing, music and acting troops, and a fun fashion show with young new female designers
• Interactive EXPO—30+ local and global organizations who provide services and support to girls showcase their programs
• Workshops—20+ workshops on topics ranging from body image, health and safety, to film making, leadership, advocacy and human trafficking
• Girlpreneur Competition—our own gentle version of Shark Tank where girls present their business ideas in front of a panel of supportive judges and win prizes
• Sports and activity arena—shoot hoops, throw balls, dance, practice yoga, take a self-defense class and much more
• Makerspace—a day-long array of activities featuring everything STEAM — from robotics, genetics experiments, and fashion illustration, to learning games, creating sculptures and more
• Career panels—females entrepreneurs, elite athletes, and women working in the fields of engineering, science, advocacy, health care, and arts/entertainment share their career path and answer questions
• STEM classes—multiple sessions throughout the day to learn to code in Java, program robots, engage with IoT, and much more.