The Family Friendly Summer Nights Outdoor Music Festival Returns to the Osher Marin JCC
This summer, the Osher Marin JCC reprises its most popular event series: the Summer Nights Outdoor Music Festival. Bring your picnic, blanket, low-backed lawn chairs, and dancing shoes—there's fun for the whole family! Concerts take place on Saturday evenings from July 8 through August 5, 2017 at 7 pm. Dinners from a variety of local pop-up restaurants will be available for purchase, along with beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks, and snacks.
Best of all, kids 17 and under are admitted free, and the Kid Zone will include fun art projects and activities presented by local organizations like the JCC's Summer Camps program, WildCare, and the O'Hanlon Center for the Arts. Of course the playground will be open for supervised play, too!
Special offer: The JCC is offering Marin Mommies readers 50% off adult general admission tickets for the July 15 and July 29 concerts with discount code MOMMY!
This summer's multicultural outdoor concert lineup features:
- July 8: The Brothers Comatose. Marin Academy Bluegrass band opens. Dinners by Farm Burger
- July 15: Thomas Mapfumo and the Blacks Unlimited. Pre-concert African dance class and dinners by Toast Novato
- July 22: Pacific Mambo Orchestra. Pre-concert Mambo dance class and dinners by Barrio Contemporary Mexican Cocina
- July 29: Ricardo Lemvo and Makina Loca. Pre-concert Salsa dance class and dinners by Toast Novato
- August 5: Melvin Seals and JGB. Youth in Arts' a capella ensemble 'Til Dawn opens. Dinners by Piazza D'Angelo
If You Go
Advance concert tickets start at $25 ($22 for JCC members). Kids 17 and under are free. Reserved table seating is availble for partis of 4 or 8+. Tickets may be ordered in advance through www.marinjcc.org, by phone at (415) 444-8000, or in person at the JCC front desk. Parking is free.
Doors open at 6 pm for reserved tickets, sponsors, and Century Circle Members and at 6:15 pm for general admission. Bring your picnic, blankets, and low-back lawn chairs. High-back chairs, alcohol, pets, grills, and glass containers prohibited. Drinks, dinners, snacks, and treats available for purchase.
The Osher Marin JCC is located at 200 North San Pedro Road in San Rafael. More information, tickets, and directions: www.marinjcc.org
Photo: Diego's Umbrella, courtesy Osher Marin JCC
Promote your business here!