Explore the Bay Trail at the Hamilton Wetlands in Novato
Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, March 1–7. From biking and hiking to storytime and baking, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Walk or bike on the Bay Trail at the Hamilton Wetlands in Novato
- ReadTiny T. Rex and the Very Dark Dark in virtual storytime on the Sausalito Library YouTube Channel.
- Learn about the Big, Small and Weird at the Marine Mammal Center's Marine Mammal Monday. Monday, 4 pm
- Explore the red planet with the NASA's Mars Rover Game.
- Make a batch of yummy homemade cinnamon rolls.
- Drop-in for some outdoor Music Time with Megan, Wednesday–Friday at various locations throughout Marin.
- Check out the live cams at the San Diego Zoo.
- Play and learn outdoors at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. Wednesday–Sunday, 9 am–4 pm
- Make your own easy and fun play dough.
- Picnic, sun, and sand at Crissy Field in San Francisco.
- Make a pot of slow cooker chicken tortilla soup.
- Explore the world of coral reefs with the California Academy of Sciences.
Experience French Storytime with Emilia from the Belvedere Tiburon Library. New episodes posted on Friday.
Take a family hike and experience the early spring wildflowers at Jack London State Historic Park.
- Make an easy printable origami butterfly.