25 Free Things to Do for Families in June
It's June, and you don't have to break the bank to have a great time with the kiddos! Here are 25 free activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area this month. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration, so check before you go.
- Experience live music by the water at Sausalito's Jazz & Blues by the Bay concert series, every Friday in June, 6:30–8 pm.
- Bring the family to Old Mill Park in Mill Valley for a free outdoor screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas, Friday, June 2, dusk.
- Go on a full moon hike at China Camp State Park, Saturday, June 3, 7:30–10 pm.
- Get hands- on with art at Marin MOCA's Free Family Day in Novato, Sunday, June 4, 11 am–3 pm.
- Sing along w/children's entertainer Megan Schoenbohm at the Tiburon Library, Tuesday, June 6 10:15–10:45 am.
- It's a free day at the Legion of Honor museum in San Francisco, Tuesday, June 6.
- See Disney's Strange World outdoors at Fairfax's Contratti Field, Friday, June 9, 8:30 pm.
- The Novato Festival of Art, Wine & Music features live music, Saturday, June 10, 11 am–7 pm & Sunday, June 11, 11 am–6 pm.
- Enjoy a parade, live music, flea market, and more at this year's Fairfax Festival, Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11, 11 am–6 pm.
- Celebrate the barking birthday at the Marine Science Sunday at the Marin Mammal Center, Sunday, June 11 and 25, 12–2 pm.
- Bring the little ones for music & mindfulness with Charity and the JAMBand at Rocky Graham Park, Sausalito, Monday, June 12, 3–4 pm.
- Look for bugs and lizards on a family walk with a ranger at Indian Valley Preserve, Tuesday, June 13, 10 am–1 pm. Sign-up here.
- Magician Brian Scott will delight you with his unique combination of magic, comedy and fun, Larkspur Library, Thursday, June 15, 10:30 am.
- Enjoy Disney's animated classic, Alice in Wonderland at the Mill Valley Library. No registration required. Friday, June 16, 3–4:30 pm.
- Tam Valley's Creekside Fridays offer live music and family fun, June 16 & 30, 5:30 pm.
- Meet real live wild animals in an interactive presentation from Wildcare's Wildlife Ambassador Program, Sunday, June 17, 11 am–12:30 pm.
- Welcome summer with a campfire, songs, stories, and s'mores at the historic Sonoma Barracks, Saturday, June 17, 7–8 pm.
- The Puppet Company presents Puff the Magic Dragon at the San Anselmo Library, Wednesday, June 21, 1–1:30 pm.
- San Anselmo Library presents, Pacifics Baseball Player Storytime on the lawn, Thursday, June 22, 11 am.
- See the movie Mary Poppins at the Corte Madera Community Center, Friday, June 23, 6 pm.
- Take a twilight nature hike at General Vallejo's home in Sonoma, Friday, June 23, 7 pm.
- Bring the kids for an outdoor interactive bubble extravaganza! Great for all ages. Rocky Graham Park, Sausalito, Monday, June 26, 3–4 pm.
- Sing along w/children's entertainer Megan Schoenbohm at the the Bon Air Center, Greenbrae, Tuesday, June 27, 11–11:30 am.
- Join Mill Valley Library’s very own musician Emily Bonn and her band, the Sing & Stompers at the Outdoor Amphitheater, Wednesday, June 28, 3:30–4:30 pm.
- Children under 12 get in free to the Marin County Fair on Friday, June 30, 11 am–11 pm.
October 1, 2023
September 29, 2023
September 28, 2023
September 27, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here