Find the perfect tree at a local Christmas tree farm this weekend.
Here are 15 fun things to do with the kids this Thanksgiving break! Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend.
- Experience the magic lanterns of Glowfari at the Oakland Zoo, daily 5:30–10 pm (advance tickets required).
- Thanksgiving Celebration with Snoopy, Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, Saturday, November 20, 1–4 pm.
- Make a pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Visit the amazing Christmas House at West End Nursery in San Rafael.
Take the kiddos ice skating at Snoopy's Home Ice in Santa Rosa
- Go ice skating: Snoopy's Home Ice in Santa Rosa or the Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square, San Francisco.
- Work up an appetite for Thanksgiving dinner at the Marin Turkey Trot. Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day), 8:30 am
- Get your tickets for one of these amazing holiday train rides in the Bay Area and Northern California.
- Experience a holiday tree lighting event in the Bay Area.
- Visit a local tree farm to pick out that perfect Christmas tree and visit Santa too!
- Go play in the snow in Tahoe.
- Get your photo taken with Santa at the Village in Corte Madera, starting Friday, November 26 (reservations suggested)
- Bring the kids to the French-American circus, Cirque du Bohème at Cornerstone Sonoma, various dates.
Giant gingerbread house at the Fairmont in San Francisco
- Check out the giant gingerbread house at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, opening November 27, 11 am.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus as they arrive in Petaluma via boat. Saturday, November 27, 11:30 am.
- Explore the Marin Headlands for nature, hiking, and history.
- Experience a grand menorah lighting and drone gelt drop for Hanukkah at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in Petaluma. Sunday, November 28, 4:30–6 pm