Find the perfect tree at a local Christmas tree farm this weekend.
Here's 15 fun things to do with the kids this Thanksgiving break! Experience a virtual holiday performance, take a family walk, hike, or a bike ride, get started on your holiday baking, find the perfect Christmas tree, and more.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Go on a neighborhood walk with the kiddos and take the Look with Lucy scavenger hunt from the Charles Schulz Museum.
- Make a delicious loaf of orange glazed cranberry bread.
- Explore the Marin Headlands for nature, hiking, and history.
- Make a pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Experience the lanterns of Glowfari at the Oakland Zoo, daily 5:30–10 pm.
- Take a family bike ride at Indian Valley Open Space Preserve in Novato.
- Visit the reindeer at "'Tis the Season" at the Cal Academy in Golden Gate Park, opening daily.
- Get the kids in the kitchen to help make a homemade apple pie for your Thanksgiving celebration.
- Experience San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker Online, starting Friday, November 27.
- Sing along to traditional carols, make holiday recipes, and more with the Dicken's Fair at Home.
- Get a head start on your holiday baking with these double-chocolate candy cane cookies.
- Visit a local tree farm to pick out that perfect Christmas tree.
- Experience a holiday tree lighting event in the Bay Area.
- Wave to Santa and Mrs. Claus as they sail by on the Petaluma River. Saturday, November 28, 11 am–noon
- Snuggle up on the sofa and watch one of our favorite holiday movies.