Find the perfect tree at a local Christmas tree farm this weekend.
Here are 15 fun things to do with the kids this Thanksgiving break!
- Experience the magical lanterns of Glowfari at the Oakland Zoo, daily 5–9 pm (advance tickets required).
- Visit Victorian London during the holidays at the Great Dickens Christmas Fair, Friday–Sunday, November 25–27, 10 am–6 pm.
- Make a pumpkin turkey centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Visit the amazing Christmas House at West End Nursery in San Rafael.
Take the kiddos ice skating at Snoopy's Home Ice in Santa Rosa
- Go ice skating: Snoopy's Home Ice in Santa Rosa or the Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square, San Francisco.
- Work up an appetite for Thanksgiving dinner at the Marin Turkey Trot. Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day), 8:30 am
- Get your tickets for one of these amazing holiday train rides in the Bay Area and Northern California.
- Experience a holiday tree lighting event in the Bay Area.
- Visit a local tree farm to pick out that perfect Christmas tree and visit Santa too!
- Go play in the snow in Tahoe.
- Get your photo taken with Santa at the Village in Corte Madera, starting Friday, November 25 (reservations suggested)
- Bring the kids to the French-American circus, Cirque du Bohème at Cornerstone Sonoma, various dates.
Giant gingerbread house at the Fairmont in San Francisco
- Check out the giant gingerbread house at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, opening November 26, 11 am.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus as they arrive in Petaluma via boat. Saturday, November 26, 11:30 am.
- Visit downtown San Rafael for the Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland, Saturday, November 26, 1–5 pm.