Marin Weekend Family Fun for June 10–12
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this Weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar.
- Check out the new interactive art installation, Los Trompos, at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. Open Saturday and Sunday, 9 am–4 pm.
- The Fairfax Festival returns with a parade, music, food and drinks, arts and crafts, kids' entertainment, Ecofest, and flea market, Saturday & Sunday starting at 10 am
- Reserve your tickets to visit the newly reopened Marine Mammal Center in the Marin Headlands, open Friday–Monday, 10 am–4 pm
- Pick your own organic cherries at Dwelley Family Farms' orchards in the East Bay town of Brentwood, Saturday & Sunday, 8:30 am–4 pm.
- Splash and swim at the Spring Lake Water Park in Santa Rosa. Two sessions on Saturday & Sunday, 10:30 am–1:30 pm & 2–5 pm.
- Visit downtown San Anselmo for live concerts at Live on the Avenue, Saturday & Sunday, 6 pm, Creek Park Stage
Friday, June 10
- Bring the little ones to Pop-Up Storytime in the Park, Hauke Park in Mill Valley, 10:15–10:45 am.
- Enjoy a free performance from Tito Ramon's Pop-Up Puppet Show at the Children's Garden, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco, 2 shows: 11 am & 12:15 pm.
- San Rafael's West End hosts a block party with live music by the Starling Six, Friday 6–10 pm
- Katie Knipp performs at the free Jazz & Blues by the Bay series in Sausalito's Gabrielson Park, Friday, 6:30–8 pm
- Enjoy a free screening of the animated movie Surf's Up at Fairfax's Contratti Ball Field, Friday 8 pm (or whenever it gets dark enough)
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Friday: The Goonies, 9 pm.
Saturday, June 11
- Have coffee with Marin Parks rangers at Indian Valley Open Space Preserve in Novato, Saturday, 8–10 am
- Sing along children's entertainer Megan Schoenbohm and shop at Saturday's Marin Country Mart farmers market, Larkspur Landing, Saturday 9:30–10:30 am.
- Learn about insects, bugs, and spiders at the Junior Ranger program at China Camp State Park in San Rafael, Saturday, 10 am–noon
- Take a creekside nature hike at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park in Kenwood, Saturday, 10 am
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Saturday: Grease, 9 pm.
Sunday, June 12
- Marin family music performer Megan Schoenbohm entertains at Wake & Shake Sunday at Early Bird Tacos in Mill Valley. 8:30–10 am
- Browse for treasures and enjoy live entertainment and food at the Outdoor Antique French Market at Marin Center, Sunday, 9 am–3 pm
- Experience the song and spectacle of the 109th Mountain Play with the Broadway classic Hello, Dolly! Sunday, 2 pm
- Celebrate Juneteenth with a free performance of the play Words That Made the Difference: Brown vs the Board of Education in Sausalito's Dunphy Park, Sunday, 4:30 pm
- The Coffis Brothers perform a free concert at Corte Madera's Piccolo Pavilion, Sunday, 5–6:30 pm
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here