Marin Weekend Family Fun for June 24–26
The Sonoma-Marin Fair takes place this weekend in Petaluma. Photo courtesy of Will Bucquoy.
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this Weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar.
- The Sonoma-Marin Fair is back with plenty of family fun including carnival rides, "Agventure Land", livestock shows, agricultural exhibits, concerts and more. Of course the fair's famous World's Ugliest Dog Contest will take place, too! Friday–Sunday, noon–11 pm or midnight, depending on day.
- Transcendence Theatre Company returns to Jack London State Park with Let's Dance, Friday–Sunday, 7:30 pm.
- Check out the new interactive art installation, Los Trompos, at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. Open Saturday & Sunday, 9 am–4 pm.
- Visit downtown San Anselmo for live concerts at Live on the Avenue, Friday & Saturday, 6 pm, Creek Park Stage.
Friday, June 24
- Bring the little ones to Pop-Up Storytime in the Park, Hauke Park in Mill Valley, 10:15–10:45 am.
- Come and Novato library every Friday outdoor Family Happy Hour, with snacks and games for the whole family to enjoy! Friday, 2–3 pm.
- San Rafael's West End hosts a block party with live music by the Kevin Meade and Highway One, Friday 6–10 pm.
- Lavay Smith (jazz/swing) performs at the free Jazz & Blues by the Bay series in Sausalito's Gabrielson Park, Friday, 6:30–8 pm.
- See Disney's original 101 Dalmatians for free outdoors at Marin Country Mart, Friday, 6 pm.
- Grab a blanket or your favorite lawn chair and some snacks for Movies in the Park, Disney's Brave at Old Mill Park, Mill Valley. Movies starts at dusk.
- Bring the family, pets, chairs, and blankets to free Creekside Fridays featuring the Cole Tate Band, Tam Valley Community Cener, Friday, 5:30 pm
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Friday: Beauty and the Beast, Friday, 9 pm.
Saturday, June 25
- Corte Madera Library's own Tera Kelley, will engage you with a special reading of her new book and share a tree friendly activity. Saturday, 11 am–noon.
- Circus Bella returns to Yerba Buena Gardens with a new open air outdoor show: Flip * Flop * Fly, San Francisco, 2 free shows on Saturday: noon–1 pm & 2:15–3:15 pm
- Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs for this Saturday's free Hot Amphitheater Nights featuring live music with Neon Velvet, Saturday, 5–7 pm.
- The San Rafael Pacifics take on the Bakersfield Train Robbers at San Rafael's Albert Park, Saturday, 6 pm
- The Lark Drive-In is back with a summer of fun, family-friendly outdoor movies! This Saturday: The Karate Kid, 9 pm.
Sunday, June 26
- The Wooden Boat Show returns to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Tiburon, Sunday, 10 am–4 pm
- Visit the Stern Grove Festival for a performance by headliner Liz Phair, with Madi Diaz, Peaches Christ, and DJ LadyRyan, Sunday, 2 pm
- Bring a picnic and enjoy poolside tunes with DJ Yuca and Strawberry Rec, Sunday, 2:30–4:30 pm
- A.J. Lee and Blue Summit performs a free concert at Corte Madera's Piccolo Pavilion, Sunday, 5–6:30 pm.
August 12, 2022
August 12, 2022
August 9, 2022
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here