Marin Weekend Family Fun for March 10-12
Enjoy STEM activities and more science fun at the free North Bay Science Discovery Day this Saturday at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds.
Here are our picks for great events and activities for children and families this weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar. Note that many of these events require advance registration and some may depend on weather conditions so make sure you check with the organizer before you go.
Friday, March 10
- Drop in and get active at GymWorld's toddler open gym, Friday, 10:30 am–12:30 pm.
- Get your fresh fruits, veggies, and more at the Rollin' Root Farmer's Market at MarinHealth Medical Center in Greenbrae, Friday, 1–2 pm
Saturday, March 11
- Go on a beginning birding adventure at Rush Creek Open Space Preserve, Saturday, 9 am–11 am.
- Shop for fresh produce and locally made foods and enjoy live entertainment at the Marin Country Mart Farmers' Market, Saturday, 9 am–2 pm.
- Get hands-on with STEM activities and demonstrations at the free North Bay Science Discovery Day at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, Saturday, 10 am–4 pm.
- Sing along at an interactive concert with multi-instrumentalist and master musician Enzo Garcia in Mill Valley, Saturday, 10–11 am.
- Explore Turtle Back Nature Trail at a Junior Ranger Program at China Camp State Park in San Rafael, Saturday, 10 am–noon.
- Join Mill Valley Library for a special Sing and Stomp at Sweetwater Music Hall with Emily Bonn and her band, Saturday, 11–11:45 am.
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the Emerald Railway Festival at the Western Railway Museum in Suisun City, Saturday, 11 am–5 pm.
- The 172nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place in downtown San Francisco and runs from 2nd and Market to the Civic Center, Saturday, 11:30 am.
- Teens 10–13 can spend at night at the museum with pizza, games, and more at the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, Saturday, 5:30–9 pm.
Sunday, March 12
- Shop for fresh produce and handcrafted local foods at the Marin Civic Center Farmers Market, Sunday, 8 am–1 pm.
- Browse for treasures and enjoy food and live music at the Outdoor French Antique Market in San Rafael, Sunday, 9 am–3 pm.
- Join in the St. Patty's Day festivities, including a skydiving leprechaun, at the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos, Sunday, 10 am–noon.
- Enjoy art making and storytelling at SFMOMA's Second Sundays For Families, Sunday, 10:30 am–3 pm.
- Experience Irish music, dancing, kids' activities, and more at the Green Fest Block Party at the United Irish Cultural Center in San Francisco, Sunday, 11 am–4 pm
- Learn about Super Seals at Marine Science Sunday at the Marine Mammal Center, Sunday, noon & 2 pm
- Catch a screening of Pixar's Brave in honor of International Women's Day at the Walt Disney Family Museum in the Presidio, Sunday, 2 pm.
June 6, 2023
June 1, 2023
May 14, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here