20 Free Things to Do for Families in January
Go behind the scences and see how this sweet treat is made at the Jelly Belly Factory.
This January, you don't have to break the bank to have a great time with the kiddos! Here are 20 great ideas for activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area in January, all of which are free. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration or RSVPs, so check before you go.
- Bring the little ones for Storytime with Clare at the Book Passage Corte Madera. Mondays, 9:30 am
- The de Young museum and the Legion of Honor are free, Tuesday, January 7, 9:30 am–5:15 pm.
- Take a sweet tour with the kids at the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, daily starting January 9, 9 am–5 pm
- Hear a story in French at the Belvedere-Tiburon Library. Friday, January 10, 10 am
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with lion dances, Presidio Branch Library, Saturday, January 11, 11–11:30 am
- Christmas Bird Count for Kids, Pt. Reyes National Seashore, Saturday, January 11, 10 am–3 pm
- Go on a winter wildlife watching expedition to see whales, seals, and more.
- Make a kids' calendar craft at McNears Beach Park in San Rafael. Saturday, January 11, 12:30–2:30 pm
- Clown around with Coventry & Kaluza at the Mill Valley Library. Sunday, January 12, 11 am
- Take a winter family hike in Marin.
- Learn the Art of Bugology at the Novato Library. Thursday, January 16, 3:30–5:30 pm
- Sing and dance with Miss Kitty at the San Rafael Library. Friday, January 18, 10:30–11:15 am
- Take a bike ride or walk along the Tiburon Bike Path.
- Gather 'round the campfire for songs and stories at the historic Sonoma Barracks. Saturday, January 18, 5:15 pm
- Explore Mt. Burdell on a Nature for Kids hike with Marin County Parks naturalists. Monday, January 20, 10 am–1 pm
- Bring your little ones to Babies & Books Storytime, Larkspur Library, Wednesdays, 2 storytimes: 9 am & 9:30 am
- Step back in time to the Civil War at San Francisco's Fort Point. Saturday, January 25, 10 am–5 pm
- Get hands-on and crafty with the family at the Marin Makerspace. Saturday, January 25, 10 am–noon
- Experience a Lunar New Year Lion Dance on the lawn in San Anselmo. Saturday, January 25, 1 pm
- Sing and play along with Meadowlark Music at the San Rafael Library. Friday, January 31, 10:30–11:30 am
February 19, 2020
February 18, 2020
February 17, 2020
February 17, 2020
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!