20 Free Things to Do for Families in March
Farm Day at the Marin Center, San Rafael
It's already March, and you don't have to break the bank to have a great time with the kiddos! Here are 20 free activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area this month. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration, so check before you go.
- Get hands-on at the Bay Area Discovery Museum free day, Wednesday, March 1, 9 am–5 pm.
- Sing and dance to Mart Littles with Mr. Andrew, Marin County Mart, Larkspur, every Wednesday, 10:30 am.
- Visit SFMOMA for free from 1–8 pm, Thursday, March 2.
- Sing & Stomp with Emily Bonn at San Anselmo Library, Fridays, 10:30–11 am
- Head to Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland for a free telescope viewing, every Friday & Saturday, 7:30–10:30 pm (weather permitting)
- Join the keepers for a live animal presentation at the Randall Museum in San Francisco, Saturdays, 2 pm.
- Get creative at Marin MOCA's free Family Day, Sunday, March 5, 11 am–4 pm.
- Take one of our 5 favorite winter hikes in Marin and beyond.
- Free day at the de Young Museum and Legion of Honor, San Francisco, Tuesday, March 7, 9:30 am–5 pm.
- Take a full moon hike at China Camp State Park, Tuesday, March 7, 5:30–8 pm.
- Make a paper tulip garden at the Family Stay & Play, Civic Center Library, Wednesday, March 8, 3:30–5 pm.
- Get hands-on with STEM activities at the North Bay Science Discovery Day at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, Saturday, March 11, 10 am–4 pm.
- Bring the family for a special Sing & Stomp at Sweetwater Music Hall with Emily Bonn and her band, the Sing & Stompers. Register here. Saturday, March 11, 11–11:45 am.
- Learn about Super Seals at Marine Science Sunday at the Marine Mammal Center in the Marin Headlands, Sunday, March 12 & 26, noon & 2 pm.
- Bring the little ones for music and dancing at this In Harmony Music class, Robin Sweeny Park, Sausalito, Friday, March 17, 11:30 am–noon.
- Take a ranger-led walk to explore the San Francisco Presidio, from the old Spanish fort to Tunnel Tops, Sunday, March 19, 11 am–noon.
- Bring the family (ages 3–12) to Farm Day at the Marin Center's Children Island's for hands-on environmental and agricultural activities, Thursday, March 23, 9 am–noon.
- Participate in the free egg hunt at Mill Valley's Spring Eggstravaganza, Saturday, March 25, 9 am–1 pm.
Bring the kiddos for a free Spring Magic Show with Mike Della Penna, Saturday, March 25, 10:30 am (show starts at 11 am), Novato City Hall, 901 Sherman Avenue.
- Explore one of the many gardens at Cornerstone Sonoma, off Arnold Drive in Sonoma.
July 6, 2023
June 6, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here