Marin Fall Family Fun Bucket List
Photo: Bay Area Discovery Museum
Fall has arrived and there is so much for families to do. If you're trying to find that perfect fall family activity in the Bay Area, look no further! We've put together a list of our favorite must-do events for Marin families with kids of all ages, all of which take place in Marin County or nearby.
- Stomp grades and see the parade at the Valley of the Moon Vintage Festival, in Sonoma, Saturday & Sunday, September 28 & 29
- Experience old fashioned fall fun at the San Anselmo Country Fair & Parade, Sunday, September 29
- Pick organic apples and take a farm tour at Chileno Valley Ranch, Petaluma, Sundays, October, 6, 13 & 20
- Get your Gemütlichkeit on at Cornerstone Sonoma's Oktoberfest, Sunday, October 6
- Experience a one-of-a-kind live air show over the Bay with the Blue Angels at Fleet Week, October 6–14
- Pack a picnic dinner and head to the park for free Movies in the Park: Coraline, Old Mill Park, Mill Valley, Friday October 11
- Meet local firefighters, station tours, fire hose squirt at the Central Marin Fire Department Open House, Corte Madera, October 12.
- Visit some nighttime creatures, compete in a sack race, and take a hay ride at the Tolay Fall Festival, Petaluma, October 12 & 13 and 19 & 20
- Take a Ranger-led Nature for Kids Hike at Blackstone Canyon, San Rafael, October 13
- Meet a the animals and experience life on the farm at Slide Ranch's Fall Harvest Fest, Saturday, October 19
- Set sail on the spooky seas at the Goblin Jamboree, Bay Area Discovery Museum, October 19 & 20
- Take a fall nature hike and create some art at the awesome Jack London State Historic Park's Family Adventure Day, Saturday, October 19
- Pick an organic pumpkin, milk a cow, and dig for potatoes at Peter Pumpkin Patch, Petaluma, October 5– 31
- Take a train ride to the pumpkin patch at the Western Railway Museum in Suisuin City, weekends October 12–27
- Get spooked at Novato's Scream on the Green Fall Faire, with a haunted house, live music, and more! Friday & Saturday, October 25 & 26
- Carve a pumpkin with rangers at Jeepers Jack O'Lanterns, Paradise Beach Park, Tiburon, October 26, 10 am–noon
- Bring your ghosts and goblins to the Not-So-Scary Halloween Magic Show, Novato City Hall, Saturdaty, October 19
- Dress in costume to Trunk or Treat and enjoy music and crafts, Mill Valley Community Center, Friday, October 25
- Get lost in the corn mazes at the Santa Rosa or Petaluma Pumpkin Patches
- Visit Sonoma County farms during Weekend Along Farm Trails, October 12 and 13
- Decorate a sugar skull at San Rafael's Dia de los Muertos celebration, Saturday, November 2
- Work up an appetite for your Thanksgiving feast at the Marin Turkey Trot in Novato, Thursday, November 28
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!