Marin Weekend Family Fun for April 30–May 1
Celebrate springtime at the Blossoms, Bees & Barnyard Babies spring farm tour this weekend.
Our picks for great events and activities for children and families this weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar.
- It's spring, and Sonoma County farms are abundant with Blossoms, Bees & Barnyard Babies! Pack up the family for a free farm tour experience with Sonoma County Farm Trails, where you can see demonstrations, try locally-produced foods, meet baby animals, and more. Saturday & Sunday starting at 8 am. Register here to get your online tour directory and interactive map.
Saturday, April 30
- Come by and see what awesome items you might find at the Sausalito Spring City Wide Yard Sale. Admission is free. Over 80 different booths! Saturday, 9 am–2 pm. Location: 610 Coloma Street, Sausalito.
- See real emergeny vehicles up close and meet local Sonoma County heroes at this Saturday's celebration at Children's Museum of Sonoma County, 10 am–2 pm.
- Spring Fling is back after two years! This day-long celebration is Slide Ranch's biggest farm event of the year, featuring animal encounters, nature exploration and farm discovery, guided hikes, workshops, live performances, arts and nature crafts, gardening activities, cooking activities, local food, and more! Admission: $35 advance, $45 at the gate, kids 2 and under free. 10 am–4 pm. Get tickets here.
- Bring the family to the Manor Spring Faire on Saturday from 10 am–4 pm. Enjoy music, food, games and fun for the whole family. Location: 150 Oak Manor Dr., Fairfax.
- Celebrate Día de los Niños at the San Anselmo Library with a music, dance, and story performance by Cascada de Flores on the library lawn at 10 am. Free!
- Science at Cal and the Lawrence Hall of Science present Science-Palooza, in the Lawrence's outdoor plaza! Come enjoy science demos, experiments, hands-on activities, meet-the-scientists booths, and more. All activities are free, and admission to the Lawrence is a discounted $5. 11 am–2:30 pm
- Celebrate Dutch King's Day at the Murphy Windmill in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. Take part in a vrijmarkt kids' toy exchange, play Dutch children's games, enjoy treats like stroopwaffels and poppertjes, and more. Noon–5 pm. Don't forget to wear orange!
- Join UC Berkeley's Golden Bears for Cal Football Spring Showcase. Enjoy a Cal football scrimmage, kids' activities, and a beer garden and food trucks. Take your picture with the Axe, meet Cal football legends, and get player and coach autographs. Free admission! Check-in begins at 11:30 am at Memorial Stadium in Berkeley.
- Kick off Asian Pacific American Heritage Month by heading to San Francisco's Chinatown for Neon Was Never Brighter: A Glimpse Into the Future, a multi-sensory outdoor art experience. 3–10 pm. Get free tickets here.
Sunday, May 1
- Shop for organically grown produce, baked goods, eggs, and fresh cut flowers, and more at the Sunday Marin Farmer's Market at the Civic Center in San Rafael. Don't miss the live music! This farmers' market is a great one to take the kids to, and it takes place from 8 am–1 pm.
- Come play at Pixie Park at the Marin Art & Garden Center in Ross at their monthly open house! Find out why this volunteer-run, cooperative playground has been a Marin fixture for over 70 years, meet other families, and learn more about becoming a member. For kids ages 0–6. 9:30 am
- Get hands on with art at Marin MOCA's monthly Free Family Day. Hourly sessions at 11 am, noon, 1 pm, 2 pm, or 3 pm. Free, but advance reservations required: call (415) 506-0137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 30, 2022
June 29, 2022
June 24, 2022
June 21, 2022
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!