Marin Weekend Family Fun for May 14–15
Celebrate springtime at the Family Farm Day at Slide Ranch this weekend.
Our picks for great events and activities for children and families this weekend. Find more events for the whole week in Marin and beyond in our Family Events Calendar.
- It's cherry season! Head to the East Bay town of Brentwood to pick your own certified organic cherries at Dwelley Family Farms, 8:30 am–4 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Experience Jack London State Historic Park at their free Call of the Wild Weekend open house! Enjoy a plowing demonstation, family fun day, picnics, and more. Saturday, 8:45 am–6 pm and Sunday, 9 am–3 pm
- The circus is in town! American Crown Circus sets up its big top tent at Northgate Mall in San Rafael for performances on at 5:30 and 7:30 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Saturday, May 14
- Frolic with farm animals at Family Farm Day at Slide Ranch in Muir Beach. Milk a goat, draw animal portraits, and more. 9:30 am–12:30 pm
- Take a family hike or bike ride on the Indian Valley Trail and shop for veggies at the organic farmstand.
- Stop by the Tam Van at Carson Falls Trailhead to learn more about the natural history of Mt. Tamalpais. 10 am–noon
- Be an engineer and create your very own invention at the Design Squad Maker Workshop at South Novato Library. 10:30 am–noon
- Bring your junior scientists to Spring Lake's Environmental Discovery Center in Santa Rosa for Science Saturday. Two sessions: 11 am and 1 pm; registration required
Sunday, May 15
- Marin family music performer Megan Schoenbohm entertains at Wake & Shake Sunday at Early Bird Tacos in Mill Valley. 8:30–10 am
- Take a family nature walk with Marin County Parks naturalists at Blackstone Canyon Open Space Preserve in San Rafael. 10 am–1 pm
- Go on a night hike at Deer Island Open Space Preserve in Novato to gaze at the full moon (registration required). 7:30–9:30 pm
June 30, 2022
June 29, 2022
June 24, 2022
June 21, 2022
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!