Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, January 18–24. From a craft ideas and recipes to family hikes and outdoor play, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum for active and educational outdoor play. Open Monday (MLK Day) and Wednesday–Sunday. Advance tickets required.
- Paint rocks with inspiring messages or designs and leave them around the neighborhood for people to find.
- Explore author Jack London's Beauty Ranch in Glen Ellen.
- Have the kids help make a batch of yummy snickerdoodle cookies.
- Sing songs, learn rhymes, and listen to stories with Alicia from the Belvedere Tiburon Library, Mondays.
- Tune in daily at 10:30 am and 3 pm for live penguin feeding at Cal Academy of Sciences.
- Play a round of mini golf at McInnis Park in San Rafael.
- Break out the blender to whip up some delicious and healthy smoothies for the family.
- Gather the kiddos for a fun reading of A Parade of Elephants from Sausalito Library.
- Join Megan Schoenbohm for live Music Time on Facebook. Wednesday–Friday, 8:30 am & Saturday 9 am.
- Go on a scavenger hunt in your neighborhood—get our fun printable here.
- Create this fun upcycled crayon craft — perfect for Valentine's Day.
- Get fresh produce at this Thursday's Marin Farmer's Market, Marin Center, 8 am–1 pm.
- Enjoy songs and great kids' books with Storytime from Home with Mill Valley children's librarian Lauren. New stories every Thursday!
- Take the little ones on one of these Marin hikes that are perfect for ages 5 and under.