20 Things You and Your Kids Have to Do in Tahoe this Summer
Summer vacation is almost here, things are opening up in California, and it's time to plan your trip to Lake Tahoe for outdoor family fun. We've put together a list of 20 must-do activities, events, and outings that every family needs to try in the Tahoe area this summer.
- Challenge yourself at a treetop ropes course.
- Ride bikes along the lake or the Truckee River.
- Play at Commons Beach in Tahoe City.
- Kayak on the lake with the kiddos.
- Catch a movie (and a beer for Mom and Dad) at Tahoe City Art Haus Cinema.
- Visit Emerald Bay to swim, kayak, picnic, and tour Vikingsholm.
- Ride a horse or pony at Tahoe Donner.
- Shop for artisan foods and locally grown produce at the Truckee Certified Farmers' Market.
- Learn about the Donner Party at Donner Memorial State Park.
- Explore the shops, landmarks, and restaurants in downtown Truckee.
- Take the aerial tram to Squaw Valley's High Camp for swimming, skating and more.
- Drop in for outdoor fun with the Kids' Adventure Camp at Squaw Valley.
- Watch the trout swim under Fanny Bridge.
- Go rafting on the Truckee River.
- Ride the downhill coaster and go summer tubing at Heavenly.
- Go stargazing and explore the night sky.
- Go downhill mountain biking at Northstar.
- Take an easy hike to Eagle Falls.
- Go on a geocaching adventure in the mountains.
- Enjoy a free outdoor concert on the beach.
March 14, 2023
March 6, 2023
March 4, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here