25 Free Things to Do for Families in November
Bring the kiddos for holiday fun at the Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland in Downtown San Rafael on Friday–Saturday, November 29–30
This November, you don't have to break the bank to have a great time with the kiddos! Here are 25 great ideas for activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area in November, all of which are free. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration, so check before you go.
- Get hands-on with science at Discovery Day at Oracle Park, San Francisco, Saturday, November 2, 11 am–4:30 pm.
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at San Rafael's Albert J. Boro Community Center. Saturday, November 2, 3–9 pm.
- Learn to ride pump tracks & rollers with a ranger at Stafford Lake Bike Park, Novato. Sunday, November 3, 9–11 am
- Get hands-on with art at Marin MOCA's Free Family Days. Sunday, November 3, 11 am–3 pm
- Enjoy live music, food, & fun at the free West End Village Celebration, San Rafael. Sunday, November 3, 11 am–7 pm
- Explore Marin and Sonoma on the SMART train for free every day through Wednesday, November 6.
- Admission to the de Young museum in San Francisco is free for Bay Area residents every Saturday, 9:30 am–5:15 pm.
- Magician Timothy James performs dazzling tricks at the Mill Valley Library. Sunday, November 3, 11 am–noon
- Check out Napa's Connolly Ranch on Walk-in Wednesday. November 6, 3–5 pm
- Explore the Marin Headlands, beaches, hiking, and the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito.
- Take a Nature for Kids hike at Rock Spring on Mt. Tam. Sunday, November 10, 11 am–1 pm
- Visit the Charles M. Schulz Museum for free in honor of Veteran's Day! Monday, November 11, 10 am–5 pm
- Bring the family to the Annual Veterans Day Parade and Fly Over, Petaluma, Sunday, November 11, noon–3 pm.
- Explore and shop at Holidays Along the Farm Trails in Sonoma County. Daily starting November 14.
- Learn how to pier fish at Paradise Beach Park in Tiburon. Saturday, November 16, 10 am–noon
- Gather 'round the campfire at McNears Beach for s'mores, tales, and more fun. Saturday, November 16, 6 pm
- Settle down for storytime with Clare at the Book Passage, Corte Madera, Monday, November 18, 9:30–10 am.
- Sing & Dance with Miss Kitty, San Rafael Library, Friday, November 22, 10:30 am.
- Kick off the holiday with the Embarcadero Building Lighting Ceremony & Carnival, San Francisco, Friday, November 22, 4–7 pm.
- Take an all-ages nature hike at Sonoma's Montini Preserve. Saturday, November 23, noon
- Attend a spectacular local holiday tree lighting in the Bay Area.
- Get a head start on the holidays at the West End Nursery Christmas House in San Rafael.
- Get active outside on one of our 5 fantastic fall family hikes in Marin.
- Enjoy the holiday fun at the Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland, Downtown San Rafael, November 29, noon–8 pm & 30, 9 am–noon.
- Explore one of the many Christmas tree farms in Petaluma or Sebastopol for some old-fashioned fun; most open the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 29.
November 10, 2019
November 10, 2019
November 9, 2019
November 8, 2019
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!