25 Inexpensive (or Free) Things to Do for Families in September
September is here and school is back in, but that doesn't mean there still isn't a lot of family fun to be had! You don't have to break the bank to have a great time with the kiddos, either! Here are 25 great ideas for great affordable activities and outings in Marin and the Bay Area in September, all of which are free or really inexpensive. Keep in mind some of these activities require advance registration, so check before you go.
- Take a family bike ride or walk along the Tiburon bike path.
- Free family fun day at the Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, September 3, 10:30 am–2 pm
- Swim, jump and slide at the Water Park at Spring Lake, Santa Rosa, September 3, 11 am–6 pm
- Visit the de Young Museum in San Francisco for free on the first Tuesday of the month, September 5, 9:30 am–5:15 pm
- Admission to the Bay Area Discovery Museum is free on the first Wednesday of the month. September 6, 9 am–5 pm
- Mother Goose on the Loose! nursery rhymes, songs and movement for babies and toddlers, Fairfax Library, September 7, 11–11:40 am
- Hot Amphitheater Nights free concert Novato. September 9, 5–7 pm
- Learn to skimboard at Stinson Beach. September 9, 11 am
- Rhythm-ALL-ogy, the interactive drumming and storytelling event, Mill Valley Library, September 10, 11 am–12 pm.
- Little ones can sind, dance and play instruments at Baby Time! San Rafael Library, September 12, 10:30–11 am
- Take a mountain bike ride with the family in Marin.
- The Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival has fun for everyone. September 16 & 17, 10 am–5 pm
- Dance in the aisles at the Freight & Salvage's Family Open House in Berkeley, September 16, 11 am
- Explore vintage aircraft at Open Cockpit Day at the Pacific Coast Air Museum in Santa Rosa, September 16–17, 10 am–4 pm
- Gather around the campfire for a short talk, songs and a marshmallow roast, historic Sonoma Barracks, Sonoma, September 16, 7:30–8:30 pm.
- Sea Otter Spectacular at the Marine Mammal Center, Sausalito, September 17, 10 am–4 pm
- Nature for Kids: Evening at Roy's Redwoods, September 17, 5:30–7:30 pm
- Free movie on the green, Cars 3, at Sonoma State University, Green Music Center, Rohnert Park, September 17, 3 pm
- Take a hike and explore tidepools at Slide Ranch in Muir Beach.
- Kids in grades K–8 can create at the after-school LEGO club at Corte Madera Library. September 19, 3:30–4:30 pm
- Family fun at Blackie's Hay Day, an old fashioned country fair, September 23, 10 am–4 pm.
- Rock out with Charity and the Jam Band's Family Concert at the Park Chalet, San Francisco. September 10, 3–5 pm
- Free Community Day at the Exploratorium in San Francisco. September 23, 10 am–5 pm
- Meet at Mt. Burdell in Novato for astronomy viewing night. September 23, 7:30–9:30 pm
- San Anselmo Country Fair Day and Parade, in downtown San Anselmo. September 24, 10 am–3 pm
February 24, 2018
February 23, 2018
February 22, 2018
February 21, 2018
Promote your business here!