Swim With North Bay Aquatics
Marin Mommies presents a sponsored article from North Bay Aquatics.
North Bay Aquatics (NBA) is a swim team focused on coaching character and excellence through competitive swimming. Our team trains at College of Marin Kentfield, Redwood High School, and the Tiburon Peninsula Club. The 2021–22 swim season has been a historic year for NBA:
- 2 Alumni raced at 2021 Olympic Trials and Coach Katie McLaughlin qualified for the US Olympic team, eventually winning a silver medal in Tokyo
- Named a top 200 youth club in the US for the 7th time in the last 8 years
- Finished 4th at the 2022 California/Nevada Spring Championship meet, the highest placing team from Northern California
- 9 swimmers committed to swim at college in the fall of 2022
NBA is looking for athletes interested in being productive members of our team. We offer 5 groups: Pre-Senior, Senior, Varsity, Age Group, and Junior Team.
- 6th–10th grade (11–15 years old)
- Display an interest in competitive swimming by attending practice with intent of reaching competitive goals
The Pre-Senior group swims 6 times each week for 1.5 hours, developing skills to succeed at the next level of our program. The group also does 3 “dryland” workouts each week to develop proper mechanics to progress to adding weight to those movements.
- 9th–12th grade (14–18 years old)
- Display the ability to be coached, hold yourself accountable, embrace the North Bay process, and communicate with your coaches
- Meet certain time standards in competition
The Senior group swims 6-8 times each week with the goal of qualifying for national level swim meets. Swimmers in this group lift 3 days a week, building on the mechanics learned in Pre-Senior
- 8th–12th grade (13–18 years old)
- Interested in staying active through swimming
The Varsity Group is for athletes whose swimming is not their main focus — it is for seasonal swimmers, multi-sport athletes, or athletes not ready for the Senior Group. The group swims 4 times each week for 75 minutes.
- Aged 9–13 years old
- Attend a group placement test to group swimmers based on maturity level, skill level, and age
There are three groups — group 1, group 2, and group 3 that do three main sessions (fall, winter, spring) plus a mini summer session.
- Most swimmers on the junior team fall in the age range between 6-9 years old
- Qualities considered when placing swimmers into a subgroup, maturity level, skill level, and age of the swimmer
The group has three subgroups — beginner, intermediate, and advanced. There are three main sessions (fall, winter, spring). This group's primary goal is to get kids enjoying the water while learning the basics of stroke work and swim concepts.
Interested swimmers should email Max Byers (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information go to www.northbayaquatics.org or visit our Instagram @northbayaquatics.
6th, 7th, and 8th graders who raced in the Marin Swim League can receive a half-off discount for July when they join the team!
March 17, 2023
March 15, 2023
March 13, 2023
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here