Santa reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas" at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, December 21–27. From online holiday performances and visits with Santa to holiday baking and local shopping, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Make a batch of holiday Norwegian Brown Sugar Cookies.
- Get creative and craft this paper snowman garland.
- Join Transcendence Theatre Company for their free Broadway Holiday show online, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 4 & 7:30 pm
- Get outdoors with one of our 5 wonderful winter hikes in Marin.
- Gather together and play one of our favorite family board games.
- Enjoy the Bay Area holiday classic The Velveteen Rabbit online on-demand.
- Bake and decorate some classic gingerbread people for a holiday treat.
- Shop locally at independent Marin toy stores for last-minute Christmas gifts.
- Santa will read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and answer your questions at the Walt Disney Family Museum, Wednesday, December 23, 5:30 pm
- Holiday sing-along with Megan at the Corte Madera Town Center, Thursday, December 24 from 1–3 pm.
- Track Santa's progress on Christmas Eve with NORAD.
- Join Father Christmas and Charles Dickens to celebrate Christmas Eve in Victorian style with the Dickens Fair at Home.
- Visit the Rombeiro Christmas House in Novato for a dose of holiday cheer, 6–10 pm.
- Experience the fun and holiday splendor of San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker online at home.
- Join the toys of St. Nicholas' workshop for a virtual family holiday concert from Grace Cathederal.