Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, January 11–17. From a virtual moon journey and Peanuts origami to hiking and fun family recipes, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Hit the trail at Indian Valley Open Space Preserve in Novato.
- Make a batch of healthy and yummy banana, walnut and chocolate muffins.
- Join Cucu's Playhouse for interactive live-streaming music and movement in Spanish, various times Monday–Saturday.
- Marvel at some Virtual Monday Night Novato Magic with Mike Della Penna. Monday, 6 pm.
- Calling all Harry Potter fans! Learn how to make these awesome Hogwarts-themed bracelets.
- Read aloud with the animated storybook The Very Quite Cricket by Eric Carle.
- Take a virtual trip to the moon with the Cal Academy's Morrison Planetarium. Tuesday, 9:30 am.
- Pick out fresh organic produce & visit the chickens at Green String Farm in Petaluma. Tuesday–Sunday, 10 am–6 pm.
- Make a pot of delicious minestrone soup.
- Join Megan Schoenbohm for live Music Time on Facebook. Wednesday–Friday, 8:30 am & Saturday 9 am.
- Join Ms. Teresa of the Larkspur Library on Facebook Live for Storytime!
- Learn to make Peanuts origami live online with the Charles M. Schulz Museum. Thursday, 4–5 pm
- Get outside and create a zero-waste forage art project from the Museum of Craft & Design.
- Get the kids in the kitchen to help make some delicous homemade bagels.
- Check out the live cams at the San Diego Zoo.