Marin Center's Halloween Drive-Thru Spooktacular takes place through Sunday, November 1.
Here's our weekly list of 20 fun things to do with the kids this week, October 26–November 2. From drive-thru trick-or-treat events and pumpkin carving to spooky storyimes and science shows, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Sing songs, learn rhymes, and listen to stories with our very own Alicia from the Tiburon Belvedere Library, new stories on Mondays.
- Make a fresh batch of these yummy pumpkin muffins.
- Join magician Mike Della Penna for the free virtual Halloween Magic Show presented by Novato Parks and Recreation, Monday, October 26, 6 pm
- Decorate the house with these easy Halloween crafts: jack-o-lanterns or recycled glass pumpkin votives craft.
- Get in a last visit to a local pumpkin patch for fall family fun.
- Take the family to the Marin Center Halloween Drive-Thru Spooktacular and purchase some fair food, daily through November 1, 4–9 pm on weekdays and 11 am–9 pm on weekends.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum presents a free virtual storytime: My Baby Loves Halloween with Illustrator Tara Nicole Whitaker, Tuesday, October 27, noon.
- Check out one of our favorite Halloween books or favorite Halloween movies pick-up at your local Marin County library.
- Reserve your tickets now some festive Halloween fun at the BADM Goblin Jamboree, Wednesday–Friday this week. Reserve your spot here.
- Carve your pumpkins with Marin County Parks live on Instagram. Wednesday, October 28, 2 pm. Download their stencil or use your own design.
- Harry Potter fans: make your own butterbeer with our easy recipe.
- Visit Children's Fairyland for their Halloween Jam, five days of fall fun from Wednesday, October 28 through Sunday, November 1.
- Experience Haunted Storytime at Home from Mill Valley Library. Thursday, October 29 on their YouTube Channel.
- Free family-friendly virtual Boo-tacular Bingo presented by San Rafael Recreation, wear a costume and enjoy, Thursday, October 29, 6:30 pm (pre-register by emailing them by Tuesday).
- Put on your costume for the Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat at Strawberry Rec parking lot, Thursday, October 29, 3–5 pm.
- See the original Ghostbusters at the Lark Drive-In on Thursday, October 29, 6:30 pm
- Come in costume for Marinwood's Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat event for fun Halloween goodies at the Community Center parking lot. Friday, October 30, 3–5 pm.
- Join Chabot Space & Science Center for a Spooky Science Show on Facebook Live, Friday, October 30, 7–8 pm
- Gather the kiddos for a Sunrise Boo Jam on Halloween morning with family entertainer Megan Schoenbohm. Saturday, October 31, 8:30–9:30 am on her Facebook page.
- Get creative at SFMOMA during Free Family Community Days. (Advance tickets are a must!) Sunday, November 1, 11 am–3 pm