Fun Things to do in Marin and the Bay Area this Week: October 4-10
Enjoy a fun fall day with the family at Grossi Family Farm Pumpkin Patch in Novato. Open Wednesday–Sunday.
Keep the kiddos busy! Here's out list of fun things to do with the kids for the week of October 4–10. We've broken it down day-by-day with suggestions for activities, outings, events, and more that you can use to help plan out your week.
Keep in mind that some of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
Monday, October 4
- Join the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa for Museum Mondays for Little Ones, Monday, 10 am–noon.
- Drop-in for open gym time at Gymworld in San Rafael for kids 5 and under, Monday–Friday, 10:30 am–12:30 pm.
- It's the last week for rec swimming at Marinwood Recreation Pool in San Rafael, Monday–Friday, 2–5 pm.
- Explore the world of creep crawlies and marine mammals with Marine Science Monday online, Monday, 4–5 pm.
Tuesday, October 5
- Make the house festive this Halloween with these easy-to-make paper jack-o-lanterns.
- The Sausalito Library presents Online Stories and Songs: Bear Has a Story to Tell.
- Choose the perfect pumpkin, play games, take a tractor ride, and more at Mickelson Pumpkin Patch in Petaluma. Open daily.
- Visit the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park for free on Free First Tuesday. Tuesday, 10 am–4:30 pm.
Explore the new Gumnut Grove at the Bay Area Discovey Museum in Sausalito on Saturday. 9 am– 4pm.
Wednesday, October 6
- Walk or bike on the Bay Trail at the Hamilton Wetlands in Novato.
- Explore the new Gumnut Grove at the Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito, Wednesday–Sunday, 9 am– 4pm.
- Meet Librarian Lauren at Old Mill Park for outdoor storytime from the Mill Valley Library. Wednesday, 10:15 am.
- Enjoy a fun fall day out at the new Grossi Family Farm Pumpkin Patch in Novato. Opens 10 am, Wednesday–Sunday.
Thursday, October 7
- Shop for fresh produce at the Thursday's Marin Farmers Market, Marin Veteran's Memorial parking lot, 8 am–1 pm.
- Check out the "Sharks" exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
- Visit the Pacific Coast Air Museum in Santa Rosa for hot dogs and historic aircraft. Thursday, 11:30 am–1:30 pm.
- Get the kids in the kitchen to help make this homemade pumpkin soup for a fall dinner.
The Blue Angels perform at the Fleet Week air show. Friday–Sunday, 10 am–4 pm. U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Timothy Schumaker/Released.
Friday, October 8
- Boo at the Zoo begins at the Oakland Zoo! (Advance tickets required), Friday, 10 am–4 pm.
- Get a head start on Halloween with Marinwood's walk-through trick-or-treat and pumpkin patch, Friday, 5–6:30 pm.
- Catch a free outdoor screening of Pixar's Cars at Marin Country Mart, Friday, 6 pm.
- Mill Valley Community Center presents Movies in the Park: The Princess Diaries, Friday, 7 pm.
Saturday, October 9
- Nostalgia Days brings classic rock and vintage cars to downtown Novato. Free admission, Saturday, 10 am–4 pm.
- Get your tickets for the Western Railway Museum's Pumpkin Patch Festival, Saturday & Sunday, 10 am–5 pm.
- See Pixar's Cars outdoors at a free movie on Novato's Civic Green, Saturday, 6:30 pm.
Sunday, October 10
- See the Blue Angels and other aerial aces perform as part of the Fleet Week air show over San Francisco Bay, Sunday, 10 am–4 pm.
- Sing along with kids' entertainer Tim Cain at Nicasio Valley Pumpkin Patch, Sunday, 11 am–noon.
- Experience the Alexander String Quartet at Crowden Music Center in Berkeley. Kids under 18 are always admitted free, Sunday, 4 pm.
- Get lost in one of our amazing Bay Area fall corn mazes!
November 21, 2021
November 15, 2021
November 13, 2021
November 13, 2021
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!