Here's our list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, April 19–25. It's Earth Week! From Earth Day service activities and scavenger hunts to virtual storytimes and the drive-in movies, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Take a train ride on the Redwood Valley Railway at Berkeley's Tilden Park.
- Have the kiddos help start a stawberry patch in your garden.
- Make a fun and easy mini terrarium in a recycled glass container and decorate it with found materials.
- Make a batch of of three-cheese mac and cheese with cauliflower.
- Join best-selling author Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara for a virtual storytime of Little People, BIG DREAMS: Earth Heroes. Tuesday, 10 am
- Go swing, climb and play at Piper Park in Larkspur.
- Join in a local cleanup project in honor of Earth Day.
- Sing along to Earth-themed songs for Earth Day with Music Time with Megan, Thursday, various times.
- Shop for kids' bargains at the Just Between Friends sale at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa. Thursday–Sunday, various times.
- Celebrate Earth Day with a scavenger hunt at the Oakland Zoo. Thursday–Sunday, 10 am–3 pm.
- Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium's cool sea otter cam with live narrated feedings daily at 1:30 pm.
Come to the Lark Drive-In at the Village at Corte Madera for a screening of Mary Poppins. Saturday, 8:15 pm.
Make some cool and delicious strawberry yogurt sorbet.
- Go on an Earth Day scavenger hunt with the kiddos this week. Get our fun scavenger hunt printable here.
- Plant Your Garden! is your child's chance to start a garden of their own at the Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito. Sunday, 10:30 am & 2:30 pm. Reserve your tickets here.