Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, January 4–10. From waterfall hikes and a virtual magic show to a live panda cam and online storytimes, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Take a easy family waterfall hike to Cascade Falls in Mill Valley.
- Make a own silly putty with PBS Kids.
- Sing songs, learn rhymes, and listen to stories with Belvedere Tiburon Library's Alicia! Monday, 8 am
- Get the kids in the kitchen to help make a batch of home-baked pretzels.
- Marvel at some Virtual Monday Night Novato Magic with Mike Della Penna. Monday, 6 pm.
- Visit the Rombeiro Christmas House in Novato for final dose of holiday cheer, 6–10 pm, through Wednesday, January 6.
- Join Megan Schoenbohm for live Music Time on Facebook. Wednesday–Friday, 8:30 am & Saturday 9 am.
- Get creative with some art supplies from a local Marin art store.
- Make some delicious slow cooker chicken tortilla soup.
- Play and learn outside at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. Wednesday–Sunday, 10 am–4 pm.
- Bake a yummy chocolate chip skillet cookie.
- Visit the Smithsonian's National Zoo's Panda Cams where you can watch giant pandas Tian Tian, Mei Xiang and Xiao Qi Ji.
- Join the Exploratorium’s own Vivian Altmann for a reading of The Cookie Fiasco by Dan Santat.
- Learn how to film a Lego Stop Motion movie.
- Start the new year with a fun and active outdoor family outing.