Fun Things to do in Marin and the Bay Area this Week: July 19-25
Take a walk to the Point Bonita Lighthouse in the Marin Headlands. Open Saturday–Monday, 12:30–3:30 pm.
Keep the kiddos busy! Here's out list of fun things to do with the kids for the week of July 19–25. We've broken it down day-by-day with suggestions for activities, outings, events, and more that you can use to help plan out your week.
Keep in mind that some of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
Monday, July 19
- Join the San Anselmo Library for outdoor story time at 10:30 am.
- Plan a visit to Tilden Park in Berkeley for the Little Farm, historic merry-go-round, stream trains, and more. Open daily.
- Make a batch of healthy and delicious summer garden chili.
Grab the kiddos bikes and head to the Hamilton Bay Trail for a bike ride.
Tuesday, July 20
- Drop-in recreation swimming at Marinwood Recreation Pool in San Rafael, Monday–Friday, 2:30–5 pm.
- Grab the kiddos bikes and head to the Hamiliton Bay Trail for a bike ride.
- Shop for fresh produce, picnic and enjoy the live music at Tuesday's Sonoma Farmers Market, Sonoma Plaza, 5–8 pm.
Wednesday, June 21
- See the movie Dora and the Lost City of Gold at either the Century Rowland Plaza or Northgate 15, 9:30 am.
- Cool off and have a blast at a Bay Area water park.
- Enjoy "Bubbles Up Close" with Sterling Johnson, bubble artist extraordinaire. Free, registration required.
Thursday, July 22
- Take the kiddos to the Jelly Belly Factory tour in Fairfield to see how jelly beans are made (and to try some samples).
- Enjoy outdoor story time on the Novato Library's back lawn. For ages 0–5, 10:30–11 am.
- Pack a picnic and create at Chicken Ranch Beach.
The Marinwood Pool is open for summer fun.
Friday, July 23
- Bonjour, it's time for storytime with Emilia! Join her for stories, songs, and rhymes in French on YouTube.
- Check out the antics of Pi Clowns at the free Yerba Buena Children's Garden series in San Francisco. Friday, 11 am & 12:15 pm.
- Visit Marin Country Mart in Larkspur for Movie Nights at the Mart: Pixar's A Bug's Life, 6 pm.
- Grab your low chairs or blankets as the free Jazz and Blues by the Bay presents Jeconte & the Salty Dawgs at Gabrielson Park in Sausalito. 6:30 pm
Saturday, July 24
- Bring the kiddos for live Music Time with Megan at the Marin Country Mart this Saturday, 9:30–10:30 am.
- Experience the Crosspulse Rhythm Duo at Bay Area Discovery Museum. Saturday, 11 am & 12:40 pm. Free with admission; advance tickets required.
- Take a walk to the Point Bonita Lighthouse in the Marin Headlands and enjoy amazing views of San Francisco and the Pacific. 12:30–3:30 pm
- Check out the "Sharks" exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
- Enjoy a warm summer evening of activities and stargazing on Chabot's stunning Observation Deck for Sunset Science, Saturday, 6:30–10 pm.
Sunday, July 25
- Bake this easy-to-make peach crumble for a sweet treat.
- Shop for fresh produce at Sunday's Civic Center Marin Farmers Market, 8 am–1 pm.
- Grab lunch at a food truck at the Marin Country Mart, Larkspur Landing. 11 am–3 pm.
- Enjoy brunch and live music at Strawberry Village in Mill Valley, weekends from 11:30 am–2:30 pm
September 20, 2021
September 18, 2021
September 13, 2021
September 12, 2021
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!