Starting Friday, November 20, visit the Oakland Zoo for Glowfari, an all-new, family-friendly experience that features hundreds of giant glowing animal lanterns throughout the zoo.
Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, November 16–22. From the Christmas House in San Rafael and spectacular lanterns at the Oakland Zoo to real reindeer and Victorian Christmas fun, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these activities require advance registration or fees, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Kick off your holiday season at West End Nursery's Christmas House, Open daily, 9 am–4 pm.
- Check out the live cams at the San Diego Zoo.
- Mother Goose with Iris online offers rhymes, songs, and stories for preschool and toddlers, presented by Marin County Library.
- Make a colorful paper mosaic with PBS Kids.
- Stroll or bike along the water on the Tiburon bike path.
- Get in the holiday spirt and make a batch of peanut butter blossoms cookies.
- Play Mickey Mouse Virtual Bingo with San Rafael Recreation, Wednesday, November 18, 6:30 pm. Register here
- Print and color an awesome outer space-themed Peanuts coloring sheet.
- Read aloud with the animated storybook The Very Quite Cricket by Eric Carle.
- Visit the Oakland Zoo at night for Glowfari, starting, Friday, November 20, 5:30–10 pm.
- Visit the reindeer at "'Tis the Season" at the Cal Academy in Golden Gate Park, opening Friday, November 20.
- The Lark Drive-In presents the classic family film The Muppet Movie. Friday, November 20, 6:30 pm.
- Get creative and make a Thanksgiving Turkey Craft Live! on Instagram with a Marin County Park ranger, Saturday, November 21, 10 am.
- Celebrate the Holidays in Victorian Style with the Dickens Fair at Home, every weekend starting November 21.
- Make a delicious apple puffed pancake for a breakfast treat.